Conflicting Media Reports

as peter span likes to point out in his seminars ... two newspaper articles - one screaming headlines of property decline, the other screaming headlines of impending boom - both in the same paper on the same day.

newsworthy doesn't mean true.

Just curiously though. One of the comments on the article from today stated that "Investors are sitting on the sidelines".

Anybody in the industry actually seeing that? or is the media just taking guesses like they usually do?

Just curiously though. One of the comments on the article from today stated that "Investors are sitting on the sidelines".
Anybody in the industry actually seeing that? or is the media just taking guesses like they usually do?

At the Opens I attend most week-ends I see investors and upgraders....neither of which are too concerned about a couple of 0.25% IR increases.

Many of our clients are investors too - and we've never been as busy as we have this year - and there is no let up in sight. Even Dec / Jan are traditionally quieter times in RE - not so this year.

Those articles are media drivel IMO.

Let's call this phenonmenon a part of IP Darwinism.

For those, who decide to not invest based on these type of articles or opinion pieces, are probably the reason why we have compulsory superannuation.

these 2 articles do not contradict each other, one says we are looking at real estate prices going up in the next 3 years (i personally disagree, i can see prices rising in early 2010 and then slowing in sydney), whilst the other article says that home lending will be down....home lending will be down because interest rates were at their lowest levels i have ever seen in my lifetime in 2009 which has seen an increase in people taking out loans also supplemented by state and federal FHOG, and with interest rates going up in 2010, obviously home lending will be down...duh!.

although reading through the comments in 'Home lending to plummet in 2010' article, many readers are dillusional in thinking house prices will fall to accomodate them getting into the property market. i feel they have an agenda in trying to persuade everyone in thinking a crash of great magnitude will occur so they can buy a property. haha.

anyway my thoughts on sydney & melbourne is they are vibrant, wealthy cities where most people from overseas or within Australia want to live, and as long as that continues house prices will always see growth no matter what.

We have a property on the market in NSW at present and in just over one week we've had approx 16 parties through and mainly investors. Seems to be plenty of interest, but they seem to be very particular in what they want.

Martin

Back