Confusing media

It really is no wonder why people get confused about the direction of the markets when (if) they read the headlines of mainstream media.:confused:

Today on the news.com.au website is a good case in point. In the Money section, there is a headline "Home Loan Weakness Continues" and in the second bullet point in the same section "Housing sales up by 11% as buyers return". :rolleyes:

(Yes, OK for the pedants, you can probably have both:p)

Attachments

• headline.jpg
    headline.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 74
Very true.

I witness the same thing happening when I receive my domain email alerts. Two totally opposing stories.

That is because predicting the future is a very inexact science.

Sometimes the writers draw on different data, sometimes they use the same data but interpret it differently.

Read widely and draw your own conclusions. You may be wrong, but so may they.
Marg

This has been happening for years. But news.com.au is a pile of ****, not a news website. At least it's easy avoiding everything on there.

The main reason is because this type of info is published (pushed behind the scenes) by different types of interest groups and infact they are designed to come out to negate the other or to push a cause.

Those wanting interest rates to stay low will release something the day after news about increased inflation or higher house prices - and vice versa.

They have a cache of such facts and figures just waiting to be used at appropriate times. The best ones are reports from 'academics'. They are alwasys timely.

Sounds like politics.

These 'experts' are also relying on data generally 3 months old. Better to have a network of experts on the ground working with the daily reality and getting their feel on market movements.

My networks of finance brokers, real estate agents and builders, reed data reports and industry bodies inform me way in advance of what the news readers will tell me.

Back