Cool ignore button

I have just found a really cool ignore button. I have never set that button on any SS member but I recently did set it on one. Now none of that particular person's posts show on my screen. Guess who?:cool:

Look at the member's profile. There will be somet5hing like "Add GeoffW to your ignore list".
Excuse me Mr Moderator, but I can't seem to be able to ignore you... ;)

Look at the attached screen dump extract, no option available. Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Michael.

Attachments

• Ignore button missing.JPG
    Ignore button missing.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 121
Excuse me Mr Moderator, but I can't seem to be able to ignore you... ;)

Look at the attached screen dump extract, no option available. Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Michael.
/Sorry geoffw is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her../This is what came up:rolleyes: he he he that's made my day,not that i would use it..stay happy willair..

Actually if you click and 'enter' view member profile on geoffw you can place him on an ignore, though why anyone would choose to ignore such a fine fellow is beyond me. :)

I just added 1 person to the ignore list and 25% of the posts on 1 thread disapeared. It made it much more enjoyable to read. Can you guess who it was?

I just added 1 person to the ignore list and 25% of the posts on 1 thread disapeared. It made it much more enjoyable to read. Can you guess who it was?

Mmmm , Bablo , Lets start a poll to see if we can guess who it is . Not only are they more enjoyable, but they make more sense :eek:

I thought I hadn't used that feature since L bernum , but when I checked I now have five on the list. All were people who came for a short period, annoyed the crap out of every one and then disappeared . Hopefully that common thread on my ignore list remains constant :)

Cliff

awwwww - then who's gonna help me put the guy straight - or at least who's going to push the button while i hold his head down the whatsit?

question - does the ignore button then remove anything posts that have the person's "quote" attached?

perhaps i should just try it and see - but i must (and very secretly) admit he has cause my sanf some illogical and unjustified discomfort. perhaps that was his aim.

:eek: this is me with my eyeballs currently hanging out - must be nana nap time.

Lizzie,

Gotta agree. My headspace was just about perfect before he showed up... :rolleyes:

The ignore button is great though. Doesn't hide quotes of his in others posts which is great as the only things that get quoted are generally the bits worth (maybe?) the response. Makes for much better reading though I'm tempted to avoid those threads altogether.

Cheers,

Arkay.

The ignore button is great though.
Why would you want an ignore button for somebody who is no longer an active user?

We mods have been reluctant to act because we don't want to be seen to stifling discussion on a viewpoint which opposes what many of us think. But the constant hammering of a single view finally got the best of all of us.

MBL has been banned.

This was not the action of a single mod, but a consensus of a majority.

Back