Cops

Regarding the original theme, I lament the day our Police Force was converted to a Police Service. Seriously.

It seems nowadays it's not even a Service, It's just back to plain old Police

Puleeze..

From the courier mail a few days ago "For the first time since the 1990s, Queensland's overall crime rate climbed 6 per cent in the year to June 30, spearheaded by jumps in car theft (up 23 per cent), break-ins (12 per cent), assaults (6 per cent) and armed robberies (13 per cent)".

Maybe you need to amend that to
Queensland's overall reported crime rate climbed 6 per cent in the year to June 30,

I wonder how many of these statistics get juggled also to reinforce a viewpoint? I'm sure Queensland Coppers or the Police Minister will put a spin on it also

Who makes the call whether it is 'justified' or not? Cops are not, and should never be, a law unto themselves. As far as the people on there who 'look guilty'? Well, it must be a crazy coincidence that they only air the footage of people who have likely committed a crime! Amazing!

The suspect is hatless! Repeat, hatless!

One time, I was out for a walk late at night (I like to do that sometimes). Got pulled up by The Fuzz and the cop driving got out, came around to the footpath, flashed his flashlight in my face and addressed me in a threatening manner, whilst standing only a few feet away from me. I clearly remember thinking 'if he goes me, I'm f_cked.' Who is gonna believe me over a cop?
How about a lot more detail so we can correctly assess the scene you describe.

What was the "threatening manner"?

And more importantly; what did you say to him?

I find it hard to believe a cop would randomly just pull up in front of a fine upstanding citizen, who is minding their own business, and accost them in such a fashion.

Maybe you misinterpreted his manner.

Some can be a bit brusk, but they are dealing with the worst that we humans have to offer on a daily basis. It would colour your demeanour a tad.

I have found all cops to be polite and respectful - until the person they are talking to isn't.

Last edited:
Only where it's justified ;)

I don't see too:) many innocent on Cops getting the wrong end of it
Maybe look from the other side,each day you wake up thinking this could be your last and your only mates are other police,you only have to look at Qld the number of kids that within Police family networks that Daddy is not comming home anymore,and are dead ...

Maybe look from the other side,each day you wake up thinking this could be your last and your only mates are other police,you only have to look at Qld the number of kids that within Police family networks that Daddy is not comming home anymore,and are dead ...

Fully agree..these guys to a tough job that is not really represented in the take home pay.

Back