Cost of new hot water system?

Anyone give me a rough indicator

Had a look at a house today, very old
Had one of those huge old style hot water systems that looks like an industrial water tank placed in the bathroom, literally no room for anything else

Apparently it's also got electric hot water system (the long thin one standing up right)

But that's been flooded with water so chances are its no good

Agent says you can just put a brand new one in for 1000

What exactly do I need to do?

And should I be going electric or gas assuming I want to keep costs down and it's for an ip

Does the property have gas, bottle gas or only electricity? You will need to install one of the super efficient hws systems in most states except for qld where they went backwards.

If the hot water system is not corroded beyond repair a sparkie can just replace the thermostat and element if required, much cheaper .
I am a sparkie and the whole job will take 20 min, and parts be under $100 total depending on brand and availability. Most older HWS have good copper cores and go forever with a new thermostat and element every so often.
Most HWS after the Qld foods of 2011 had this cheap repair and are still going.
Just my 2 cents....

Does the property have gas, bottle gas or only electricity? You will need to install one of the super efficient hws systems in most states except for qld where they went backwards.

Thanks everyone

The old old old one in the bathroom look like it hasn't been used for 60 years, but the one on the outside is apparently electric but I'm not too sure if its working

The oven in the kitchen is gas so I assume gas is or was connected

How much dollars will this cost?

Appreciate it

DSC_0475.jpg

This is what the old one looks lik!!!

It literally takes up half the bathroom

Back