Cost To Build A Pool And Minor Landscaping In Your State

Got quoted $70k by two pool builders for a 5 X 4m pool
Nothing special, just a square pool with basic filter
Everything else is extra
Got quotes for a spa in within the design too - about $15k extra

My father in law is a builder/plumber - he believes he can get it done for $25k (no builders profit, at cost with wages)

I'm in regional (central) queensland and we ended up deciding to do owner builder and contract our pool build out and do most landscaping ourselves bar paving.
We did get quotes for most things but they were so ridiculous we decided to bite the bullet and take it on ourselves.
We were quoted $37,000 for an 8 x 4 fibreglass pool with pumps installed and one row of paving only, we ended up getting a 10 x 4.5 f/g pool to the same point for $25,000.
We were quoted roughly $17,000 for concrete down with 85m2 of sandstone paving over the top, ended up doing it for $12,000 including pavers.
All up including turf, new 6 x 6 Jarrah deck, garden edging, plants/trees, retaining, brick pillars and front gates it's probably cost us around $50,000.

Got quoted $70k by two pool builders for a 5 X 4m pool
Nothing special, just a square pool with basic filter
Everything else is extra
Got quotes for a spa in within the design too - about $15k extra

That's about what I've been quoted... Un-friggin-believable for a hole in the ground!

GO on a cruise each year for ten years with the wife. It will be cheaper.

Advertised base price cost $35K...PLUS
- Landscape
- Rock !! (They always find it. Ours was 100% rock. Only the top 25mm was soil.)
- Decking
- Paving
- Fencing
- Council fees
- Pool filter box ($1400) - No box no filter in my council

Then..after its installed you have wrong gear to clean it.
- Auto pool cleaner $250-$850
- Lights ?
- Solar ?
- Saltwater chlorinator with auto timer etc
- Cover $500-$1500 depending on...

And then
- $500k easy each year in chemicals. Maybe more. Chlorine Ph up, down, sideways and stuff you cant even understand that makes it sparkle
- Water - Our burns around $800 a year extra water
- Repplacements - Pool fittings etc are crap plastic that breaksdown. Give it a life of 5-10 years MAX. A cover for the drain can cost $120 for a small round plastic disc. The basket $30-$100 etc...
- New pump each two-three years. $600 from poolshop. $250 from a warehouse supplier. TIP : Buy exact same model of a popular brand pump !!!!! You wont have to get a plumber in to re-pipe it all.

DONT DO IT. If I could hand you mine it would be free.

And watch it - The pool industry is full of joe dirt types. They can make money from thinner concrete and do.

Glass pools are a bit cheaper but harder to find deep ends. Some are only 4.5ft deep. Access to your land is everything. Digging, pumping, barrows, crane etc...The easier the access the cheaper. I was talking to my pool builder and he quoted one $400K....Harbourside no access.

Back