Cost to fill a water tank in Brisbane?

Hi all,

I'm looking around for quotes to get someone to fill up our rainwater tank (you know...manually via a water tank trunk etc).

I want a full water tank so our new tenants (moving into our PPOR) can water the gardens, etc.

Has anyone in the Brisbane area paid for such a service? How much did it cost? :)

Cheers!

-- MJ.

My parents got this done when they got a new water tank a few years ago. I think it cost them $300 for 14,000 litres. Not cheap but neither is planting a new garden.

My parents got this done when they got a new water tank a few years ago. I think it cost them $300 for 14,000 litres. Not cheap but neither is planting a new garden.

I have heard of such service, where the water truck would fill up pools and water tank for a price, but when I was trying to get my own rain water tank filled last June, I was told that they don't do it in Brisbane now. I was informed that such service might be available in outer areas, but not in Brisbane.

Regards,

LC

I have heard of such service, where the water truck would fill up pools and water tank for a price, but when I was trying to get my own rain water tank filled last June, I was told that they don't do it in Brisbane now. I was informed that such service might be available in outer areas, but not in Brisbane.

Regards,

LC

There's at least one mob that does it... not sure about how much though:

http://www.sitewater.com.au/about/about/tank-fillling.html

Just think...what about those who have no town water and completely rely on their water tanks? You don't have to go far outside of Brisbane to find these sorts of places... :)

-- MJ.

There are heaps of businesses providing this service. Look under "water cartage" in the Yellow Pages. I just got a quote for $300 to put 7,000L of bore water into our rainwater tank. As I've spent a ridiculous amount on plants for my garden, I consider that pretty cheap. ;)

I called the council the other week when a big water tanker with a commercial name and number plain to see on the side stopped outside our house about 5.30am and went about rather noisily filling from the hydrant in the road. I wrote down the number and called to check that they should be taking water like that.

Chap on the info line seemed to think it was not supposed to be happening, but I did get a call later saying it was all above board. I am still suspicious though.

Too many stories about these things happening, even council trucks with "recycled water" plastered all over the truck refilling from the mains.

Perhaps I am too suspicious.

I called the council the other week when a big water tanker with a commercial name and number plain to see on the side stopped outside our house about 5.30am and went about rather noisily filling from the hydrant in the road. I wrote down the number and called to check that they should be taking water like that.

Chap on the info line seemed to think it was not supposed to be happening, but I did get a call later saying it was all above board. I am still suspicious though.

Too many stories about these things happening, even council trucks with "recycled water" plastered all over the truck refilling from the mains.

Perhaps I am too suspicious.

It's a little bit odd. I had hydrograss installed a couple of years ago (useless - don't do it) and the guy running the operation filled up his tanker using the emergency hydrant near our property.

-- MJ.

Im not sure were you live but I have heard ; ) that a donation to your local volunteer bush fire brigade will get you a full water tank or pool

Im not sure were you live but I have heard ; ) that a donation to your local volunteer bush fire brigade will get you a full water tank or pool

Never fill the pool with that water unless you know the water is clear. You get the earthy browns stains from the rusty pipes in your beautiful new pool. I remember as a student a contractor mob I worked for filled the pool and the new owner was not happy with the brown water.

It looked like a kidney shaped toilet bowl.:)

I have also heard the story about getting a friendly fireman to fill the pool, but have also heard that the water is filthy and costs a bomb in chemicals to get it right. Not sure if that is so, and that was back when we were allowed to fill from the tap, but it took us two days to fill our pool and the fireman story was put to me back then. Apparently they can fill it in a few hours, but the water is dirty.

Hi all,

I'm looking around for quotes to get someone to fill up our rainwater tank (you know...manually via a water tank trunk etc).

I want a full water tank so our new tenants (moving into our PPOR) can water the gardens, etc.

Has anyone in the Brisbane area paid for such a service? How much did it cost? :)

Cheers!

-- MJ.

If I was renting your place I wouldn't waste my time watering your garden.
Gardens have no special meaning for me .

If there was a special condition the contract that made me financially liable then I would be more concerned to water properly
In times of drought I think you might be hard pressed to argue a strong case in front of the rental tribunal if you forced the issue.

Dont expect too much of tenants and expect a lot of dead plants,
would be my mantra..............sorry but I base that on past experience

but it wouldn't be your house nor your garden, so common decency at least would think that you would at least keep them alive

Many tenants just would not water, and they are certainly not allowed to in Brisbane unless you have a tank. Our garden lives without any watering. I reckon you have to make your garden drought tolerant and then it doesn't matter if tenants water it or not.

We provide tanks in all our IPs but don't expect them to water our yards or gardens. It is really in case they may want to wash their cars or have a vege garden.

Back