Cost to rewire and replace copper pipes

just wondering some of these figures sound unsually high

just wondering if people could give me their feedback

replace single copper pipe thats been ripped off the side of the house: $1800

rewire the entire house, $4000

a friend of mine who has had his house done before says, the copper pipe should be $200-$400 installed,
rewiring $1200-$1500

a friend of mine who has had his house done before says, the copper pipe should be $200-$400 installed,
rewiring $1200-$1500

Hi TMNT,

regarding the copper pipe, it depends on the size, gauge and diameter of the pipe as copper pipes tend to be quite pricey.

Rewiring - What's the sqm of the house? single storey? do you know if it's single phase or 3 phase? underground or overhead powerlines?...
As a rough guide, i'd allow about 4,000-5,000 incl GST to for fully rewiring a 3 bed room house single phase overhead power.

Hope this helps.

Hi TMNT,

regarding the copper pipe, it depends on the size, gauge and diameter of the pipe as copper pipes tend to be quite pricey.

Rewiring - What's the sqm of the house? single storey? do you know if it's single phase or 3 phase? underground or overhead powerlines?...
As a rough guide, i'd allow about 4,000-5,000 incl GST to for fully rewiring a 3 bed room house single phase overhead power.

Hope this helps.

I see, its a freestanding 3bdr home, average sized government home, say 90sqm , single story, house is 30 yrs old, powerlines not sure

I see, its a freestanding 3bdr home, average sized government home, say 90sqm , single story, house is 30 yrs old, powerlines not sure

I'd say the rewiring is a fair price, they have to replace all of the existing and rewire to current australian standards. While rewiring, just check with your Electrician as to whether he would have to upgrade the power coming into the dwelling (I'm assuming currently being single phase).

Nowadays when people rewire their homes, they tend to upgrade to accommodate to all the electrical appliances in the house (mechanical units, fridges, hydronic heating, even lifts in some cases..).

rewiring $1200-$1500

Wow get then to come rewire my house for that
I'm an electrical BTW just material costs would come close to that

Cost- how long is a piece of string

Lot depends on where you are (Drone????),Access , what type of fitting, any additions required,Local Inspection costs, Supply authority costs etc etc

I woulds say ballpark $5000 to $10000 site unseen

rewiring $1200-$1500
That would be cash at mates rates,the last house i had done small 2 bedder full strip out rewire new board ,smoke mode safety was $6200,
with the plumbing are you talking about the main supply line or a full refit from the front gate too the back tap,?..

Last edited:
That would be cash at mates rates,the last house i had done small 2 bedder full strip out rewire new board ,smoke mode safety was $6200,
with the plumbing are you talking about the main suply line or a full refit from the front gate too the back tap,?..

thanks for your feedback everyone,

the property is in Newcastle,

I recently got the following done for a prop in SA, 4bdr 90sqm house

Plumbing: replace all copper pipes outside PLUS inside, new hot water system, vanity, toilet, all the connections, for $4.4k inc gst (not mates rates), this was all teh copper from the side of hte house to inside the wall cavity

(I also had just the copper strip replaced from teh side of the house for about $1200 if I recall correctly. in SA)

Rewire entire 4bdr house, 4 new fans, 8 new downlights, 6 new powerpoints, testing for a few other bits and bobs for $6.6k inc gst (no new switchboard I think)

a friend of mine got his 3bdr albury house rewired for $2kInc gst

so yeah, just getting a rough idea of realistically how much i should budget, as I find electricians in partilcular the price varies the most across states and areas!

freestanding 3bdr house

1.change of entire wiring
2.new meter box
3.safety device

cost me $7000
done by Mr electric 5 months ago..

rewiring $1200-$1500

Bargain price.....
The switch board alone can be $1000 or more....more if you need a Level 2 electrician to get the supply upgraded.
Copper pipe is not all same, same.....and fitting it can add up the hours and extra fittings quickly.

get a quote from another sparky if your not happy with the price. shop around.

just contacted a guy who did some work for me a while back,

and he said if its just the rewiring, and no need to replace the switch box, he says he can do it for $900! (although verbal)

wow, was pretty impressed by that!!

Why do you need to rewire?

It's only 30 years old.

Are you upgrading the level of power points and lights in the house?

The only problem that we have with wiring is where it's solid rather than standed. With the solid it can get brittle at the connections due to the manipulation at the power points and light connections. But with the muti stranded we have no problems and we are working on places 30+ years old.

Cheers

Why do you need to rewire?

It's only 30 years old.

Are you upgrading the level of power points and lights in the house?

The only problem that we have with wiring is where it's solid rather than standed. With the solid it can get brittle at the connections due to the manipulation at the power points and light connections. But with the muti stranded we have no problems and we are working on places 30+ years old.

Cheers
haha! have to rewire because there is no more wire left!!!!!!!!!

got stoeln:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Back