Could you help please? Water Bill and Agent Apathy..

Dear All,
I should give you the facts as I know them.

1. Received a water bill for my 2br 1 bathroom house in Redfern, NSW apparently it is tenanted by 3 people,
Bill is $70 excess. Previously house was rented by 2 and 3 people and never had an excess, there is no garden, yard or bath (just a shower).
Should I suspect that there are more than 3 persons there?

2. I have asked the agent 3 times in the last 3 weeks for a phone appointment regarding rental/ sales appraisal and to arrange seasonal maintenance... (This time of year the neighbours Jacaranda blossom covers the roof and blocks gutters..)
thus far I have had no response.

I am away for the next couple of months, and feeling like this:(
I dont feel confident changing agents without the opportunity to interview
How can I kick them into gear and get them to act?
thanks
Seaford Sunshine
thanks

Water bill

Dear Matt,
thanks

to clairify, so far the tenants haven't reported a leak, also the agent hasn't responded to my request for the last 3 weeks to schedule an inspection.
:(
SeafordSunshine

Seaford,

there is no such thing in NSW as 'excess water usage' tenants pay for every drop that they use provided that you have installed water efficient devices. Two outcomes, install decent tapware (flow restricted) and ensure that the agent is recouping the costs of consumption or grin and bear it.

If you aren't satisfied with the service that you get from your agent, change.

thanks!

Dear All,
I have certainly installed water efficient flow restricted tap ware as soon as it was available, (sorry for not using the correct terminology)
Am I being too suspicious about too many tenats?:(

Have I been expecting too much about the appraisal and other maintenance?

Does any one have any advice about how to find a competent agent while you are away?

Cheers Seaford Sunshine
:confused:

Dear All,
I have certainly installed water efficient flow restricted tap ware as soon as it was available, (sorry for not using the correct terminology)
Am I being too suspicious about too many tenats?:(

Have I been expecting too much about the appraisal and other maintenance?

Does any one have any advice about how to find a competent agent while you are away?

Cheers Seaford Sunshine
:confused:

Phone interview.

It's about as good as a face to face where they promise you the earth and then promptly forget about the conversation.

You can sign management agreement over fax or better scanned.

Cheers

seems like retaining the current property manager may cost you more in future than the water excess bill!
how to find a good pm ?...I asked around and after choosing the one i have ,.i then judge their service.

Dear All,
I have certainly installed water efficient flow restricted tap ware as soon as it was available.

On one of our leases,it stated 2 people to reside.I got the quartely water bill,and it seemed unusually high.I then found out 4 people were residing,thus the extra water usage,which i made them pay,then kicked them out for trying to lie about it.

Back