Cranbourne

Cranbourne or Ringwood?

What do you guys think about the potential of Cranbourne and Ringwood in five years?

I can get a whole house with a 700sqm of land in Cranbourne for less than $300k but probably close to high $300s to get a villa or unit in Ringwood...

My friend gets pretty good rental yield in Cranbourne. Just stay away from the power lines.

I'd look at Craigieburn too.

The Y-man

What do you guys think about the potential of Cranbourne and Ringwood in five years?

I can get a whole house with a 700sqm of land in Cranbourne for less than $300k but probably close to high $300s to get a villa or unit in Ringwood...

The risk with Cranbourne is oversupply, the new H&L near Hall Rd and Thomsons is selling well - but its not cheap. There is a train station nearby which is good. Are you referring to land or H&L?

Ringwood - heap of threads on it, my view overpriced.

Cheers, Ivan

I'd come back in a bit and go Clyde nth over Cranbourne. Close to Berwick as you can afford. Agree with Red, a bit too much supply when other areas supply is being soaked up.
Yman is probably right on the money with Craigeburn. Stockland highlands and Peet Aston are worth a look. Or come in a bit to Greenvale. Just stay away from the terrace housing in all of these areas that may be around the mid 300's.

Stay away from the west.

Hope that helps

I had a look at Craigieburn and looks like massive development of new H&L package as well...

I was looking at a 2 bedder villa in ringwood east and a whole house in Cranbourne, both with walking distance to the train station. Just not sure which one to pick. Or if there's other better areas.

dress code

Area selection is important :eek:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 97
Brothers! It's not fair when the hulkstar hasn't had his say. What ya gunna do when cragieburn starts becoming big?? better buy before you can't get in.

From a investment point of view, I would actually stay away from Cranbourne.

I think there will be a limited growth opportunity based on so many house and land packages that are available.

Stay away at all cost and I believe Ringwood would provide a better return.

Last edited by a moderator:
From a investment point of view, I would actually stay away from Cranbourne.

I think there will be a limited growth opportunity based on so many house and land packages that are available.

Stay away at all cost and I believe Ringwood would provide a better return.

Hi Welcome,

I do agree somewhat, but, the capital required in these 2 geographic areas are obviously different, interest paid, capital requirement, risk levels..

IMO, you cannot simply look at location, but rather, what you budget is able to return

I have purchase in this area in the past, and have they well, even better returns compared to some other inner city areas.

I would look at frankston before cranbourne

Similar price points

Frankston is surrounded by increasingly expensive suburbs and a sea of water

Cranbourne is surrounded by.... A sea of land

Both similar distance from CBD. - no brainer

Hi

Hi Welcome,

I do agree somewhat, but, the capital required in these 2 geographic areas are obviously different, interest paid, capital requirement, risk levels..

IMO, you cannot simply look at location, but rather, what you budget is able to return

I have purchase in this area in the past, and have they well, even better returns compared to some other inner city areas.

Thanks for the return comment, its always good to get different point of views.

For me when investing, I also look at budgets, but no point investing for minimal return.

How long ago did you buy in Cranbourne? Reason why I ask is this, if previous return was great, this does not mean that you will get the same return.

Back