Current Home Loan interest rates

Loans.com.au

I'm thinking about switching from ANZ to Loans.com.au too.

Currently paying ANZ 4.88% on about $1.6m loan, Loans offers 4.49%.

I spoke to ANZ and they could potentially increase to 1.04% discount, but only if another $60k was borrowed.. They cited Rams being an online lender and their rates jumping to over 10% when their debts were sold to another company and that customers had to pay large exit fees to refinance from there.

I hope that rules have changed since then (post GFC changes?) to prevent the same from occurring for Loans.com.au customers but need to do some more research.

Loans advised that their exit fees would be $300 per property. I would get this in writing prior to a refinance to allow a future refinance away from Loans.com.au should they increase their rates unreasonably. If they state the exit fees in writing can they increase them in the future??

Still, 4.88 to 4.49 is a decent saving, even for the 1st year with the fees involved.

Cheers.

loans.com.au like all lenders can't charge unreasonable exit fees so $300 would be in the agreement and is binding.

As for their interest rates - they can raise them whenever they feel like it yes, just like any other bank on a variable rate. As to whether they raise them to 10% is anyone's guess. They are backed by Firstmac who have been in business for a while but it's a risk you'll have to take.

Do they offer a proper separate offset account rather than a redraw facility? I had trouble getting a proper answer from them when I asked several months ago.

Do they offer a proper separate offset account rather than a redraw facility? I had trouble getting a proper answer from them when I asked several months ago.

They arent a banking instiitution, so cant offer discrete offset style transaction accounts ...... but id expect middle term they will do a deal with some bank licencee, but then dont expect the rates to be at th same low level

ta
rolf

Most people here have negotiated the SVR down.

Will the banks be flexible with their 3 and 5 years rates? I'm curious if commonwealth would go lower on their 3 year fixed

Most people here have negotiated the SVR down.

Will the banks be flexible with their 3 and 5 years rates? I'm curious if commonwealth would go lower on their 3 year fixed

Its recently just lowered it to 5.84%

Usually banks arent too flexibile with fixed rates, but if you find a lower fixed rate with a major bank im sure it would be worth a shot.

just got offered 4.63% variable from a NAB branch manager for 2.7mil worth of loans....$0 to bring all loans across and waive $395 annual fee

oh and 0.4% of loan amount referral fee for any extra loans I bring across to him....

I said what if I find $20mil of loans? he said $80k cash lol

hmmmmmmm so tempting..............

just got offered 4.63% variable from a NAB branch manager for 2.7mil worth of loans....$0 to bring all loans across and waive $395 annual fee

oh and 0.4% of loan amount referral fee for any extra loans I bring across to him....

Nab pays .66 for referrals. whats he doing with the .26 leftover?

lol, good luck. Make sure you get the referral commission payment forms signed and lodged before you bring him your first client.

Typical nab..... Leave nothing on the table

More to the pint that would be dumb investment strategy, but you'd already know that level of concentration risk isn't healthy - unless of course ur loan portfolio is 10 mill or more

Ta

Rolf

yes i dont think its a very "safe" option per se....and also not a big fan of NAB particular their topup criteria/refi in general! as I said though - very tempting!

I do need to do something with my $620k with CBA at 5.2% though :mad:

I do need to do something with my $620k with CBA at 5.2% though :mad:

Guess thats rate for LVR risk ?

if its at 80 % you can walk, but the lender's retention peops are usually a step ahead, and can work out that moving and new LMI is usually not going to happen,

ta
rolf

good job.

not sure if they still have it, was told nab have $700 leeway to convince people to sign up.

Back