Votes: 45 32.4%
  • Satisfactory

Votes: 25 18.0%
  • Not so good

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Terrible (bitting nails)

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
Mate, I voted "never better". I always sleep really well. Life is just a game and property investing just a part that I like to play.

If its all 'going-to-hell-in-a-handbasket' I'd still be sleeping well :D

I'm not sure what you are trying to measure with your poll but I'm guessing some degree of mortgage stress. Well we're all grown-ups here I hope - we just suck it up and know that in the long run it all will be OK.....or in more modern terminology 'take a concrete pill and harden up'.

If we can't do that - then we sell down quietly to survive to live another day and get back in the game.

Just turning up for the game is half the battle :p

Aimjoy

I sleep very well thank you, and always have. The only sleep I ever lost over mortgage was the first night after signing the documents but never looked back since then. It's a waiting game at the moment as I will only buy if a property shows true potential. Until then, I just keep analysing possible deals.

I voted excellent. All my loans are fixed interest only and I have been using such since the late 80's.

I may have missed some discounting along the years by not going variable however my view is if you are happy with the fixed rate, you budget for it (set and forget) and its locked. Rates may drop but if you were happy with the rate you chose it shouldn't matter. Rates can also go up as in the current environment.

SANF is too important to my health and state of mind to do it any other way. Actually at the moment I have higher yielding term deposit rates than the highest of my fixed loans rates.

Works for me.

Terrible.

I've been night shifting for seven months and it messes with your body, constant jet lag.

I sleep just great during the day though, sometimes the cat curls up on the bed as well and we dream about property and tuna.

Mate, I voted "never better". I always sleep really well. Life is just a game and property investing just a part that I like to play.

If its all 'going-to-hell-in-a-handbasket' I'd still be sleeping well :D

I'm not sure what you are trying to measure with your poll but I'm guessing some degree of mortgage stress. Well we're all grown-ups here I hope - we just suck it up and know that in the long run it all will be OK.....or in more modern terminology 'take a concrete pill and harden up'.

If we can't do that - then we sell down quietly to survive to live another day and get back in the game.

Just turning up for the game is half the battle :p

Aimjoy

Great reply...:) Love it!!!

Never lost a moment's sleep over mortgages or debt, because I don't believe I have ever overcommitted.

I once thought I had a bit too much debt for cars (had 40k at one stage), but haven't had to buy a car in three years, and won't need to in the medium term either. Plus some of that interest is tax deductible.

Property doesn't concern me in the least - that's what risk management is for.

I sleep alright it's just my expectations of the govt and RBA that's getting a bit of a rough weather. I have more than $100k reserve and definite income streams with increasing rental income to look forward to and time to do things smarter. :)

I voted excellent.

Having a newborn doesn't allow you to lie awake stressing about anything! I get sleep whenever I can take it! Even if it is in 2-3 hr intervals. Go Shady!:D

However, my husband is completely the opposite.

Regards Jo

i voted quite good - if only i hadn't taken junior to indianna jones yesterday and had to deal with "the ant" nightmare at 2am.

I voted "quite good". I'd normally vote for an excellent SANF, but lately the buffer is a bit lower than I'd like it to be.

Voted "Excellent, never better":D

Just paid of another property off and waiting to release another one.....just softening up the bank to escape the fees!

I am sleeping like a baby atm....but am getting a bit lazy on the property acquisition front...haven't made any purchases this year yet.

Satisfactory for me. Developing consumes a fair bit of mental energy and space and tends to occupy the mind at sleepy time. The main sleep disruption for me at the moment is my resident 18 yr old who is enjoying more and more late night liberties. :eek:

Am I the only one who finds it hard to sleep if my 18 yr old baby is out late? :(

I hardly ever worry about my properties at night. My 8 month old baby is another story, has she rolled over and is up on all fours upset, or just whinging?
I do not look forward to her turning 18 and going out all night.

Bronwyn.

Back