Custom design granny flat

Anyone custom design their granny flat instead of picking a pre-planned package? How much extra would it cost per m2?

I am planning to build a granny flat with garages/storage/bath for workshop/workshop under the same roof separated by fire rated wall, since I currently don't have a garage for the main dwelling. I am wondering if the garage areas with bathroom (for workshop), storage and workshop would be counted towards granny flat area allowance?

If anyone can also recommend me a builder in Canada Bay council area, that would be great too.

Anyone custom design their granny flat instead of picking a pre-planned package? How much extra would it cost per m2?

I am planning to build a granny flat with garages/storage/bath for workshop/workshop under the same roof separated by fire rated wall, since I currently don't have a garage for the main dwelling. I am wondering if the garage areas with bathroom (for workshop), storage and workshop would be counted towards granny flat area allowance?

If anyone can also recommend me a builder in Canada Bay council area, that would be great too.

Hi Kennyboy,

As we speak, the legislation allows for:
1. 60 sq m Granny Flat PLUS
2. 25 sq m attached Rear Awning PLUS
3. 20 sq m attached Shed PLUS
4. 5 sq m attached Front Patio
TOTAL: 110 sq m

This is what my Certifier is permitting. As long as the attached structures are 'Exempt Development' structures, they can be attached to a granny flat.

You don't need a fire rated wall.

Feel free to check out my website for more info: www.grannyflatapprovals.com.au

Back