DA for pool

We have just starting organising an inground pool in the backyard of our PPOR in Kellyville NSW.

The pool builder has rung and wants to come back out on Monday. We were of the understanding (and the builder), that the pool is a complying development and doesn't require a full DA. Aparently the zoning of the house is different because there is a battleaxe property behind us. It would seem we are now required to lodge a full DA.

Any ideas what this may mean $$$.

I think the pool builder should know the rules and regulations, etc in building a pool.

You may need a survey plan to check if there is any easements, pipes etc.

You will need to know where the sewer line etc.

You will probably also need a basix from a architect etc.

And im pretty sure you need a DA for a pool. I got a DA for my pool when i got the DA for my house, so that made it alot easy for me.

im a little out with the new stuff that has come through over the last year or 2 but there is a new rule where some structures do not need a "full" DA and its a fast track process. its a section something. ill see what i can find out for you over the next few days

im a little out with the new stuff that has come through over the last year or 2 but there is a new rule where some structures do not need a "full" DA and its a fast track process. its a section something. ill see what i can find out for you over the next few days

NSW COMPLYING SEPP RULES FOR SWIMMING POOL:
3.34 Swimming pools

(1) Ancillary development comprising a swimming pool for private use must be located on a lot:
(a) behind the setback area from a primary road, or
(b) in the rear yard.

(2) The swimming pool water line must have a setback of at least 1m from a side or rear boundary.(2A)

(3) Decking around a swimming pool must not be more than 600mm above ground level (existing).

(4) Coping around a swimming pool must not be more than:
(a) 1.4m above ground level (existing), or
(b) 300mm wide if the coping is more than 600mm above ground level (existing).

(5) Water from a swimming pool must be discharged in accordance with an approval under the Local Government Act 1993 if the lot is not connected to a sewer main.

(6) Pumps attached to the development must be housed in a soundproof enclosure.

Note. A child-resistant barrier must be constructed or installed in accordance with the requirements of the Swimming Pools Act 1992.

Yes this is what was submitted but it still depends on the zoning. Off to council today so we'll see what's going on.

If it's a residential property in NSW it complies.
The only real disqualifiers are properties under 200 sq m in size and under 6m wide, properties in Bush Fire Flame-Zones, properties in Environmental Protection Zones and some Heritage properties.

Let us know what they say, I'm curious :)

Back