Dalby or Toowoomba ???

I am looking for a house for just investment and still comparing between Dalby and Toowoomba. (Future growth ?)

Please advise me to choose a place..

Any comments are very welcome..

Thank you.

I am looking for a house for just investment and still comparing between Dalby and Toowoomba. (Future growth ?)

Please advise me to choose a place..

Any comments are very welcome..

Thank you.

Maybe start with why you are looking at these two.

Provide what you have actually researched so far and people may comment on that.

I don't know much about both places but why Dalby? It looks even far far away land!

It either has mining or is close to it from memory

Me personally I would go Toowomba because it has diversed industries, would have miners living there but not it's sole industry.

Stay away from Oakey (between Dalby and Toowoomba).

If you go Dalby choose a place on stumps or a hill, when it floods it normally will go under more than once.

Stay away from Oakey (between Dalby and Toowoomba).

If you go Dalby choose a place on stumps or a hill, when it floods it normally will go under more than once.

Personally I would choose Toowoomba over Dalby.

Other posters have made the comments that at least Toowoomba's economy is diversified and can withstand some dowturn in mining.

To hold a place in Dalby would be leaving yourself completely leveraged to the mining industry, not sure if you have seen the news recently but it's been a blood bath in coal mining. Approx 11,000 jobs have been cut from the coal sector in the last year.

This is a trend that certainly isn't about to change either.

Coal miners have been crunched between high costs, high Aussie dollar, increased supply on market, reduced demand and rising anti coal mining sentiment in the land of Oz.

The only thing propping up mining in QLD is CSG. Not sure how many of the job losses in coal are been absorbed by gas industry though.

I personally think that a lot of the inflated property prices in towns like Emerald, Dalby, Chinchilla will be hit once reality sets in regarding the future of coal.

Lower rents, higher vacancy rates, no doubt people will want to sell putting downward pressure on prices.

So IMO from a growth perspective Toowoomba is a much better option.

If you want to take a larger risk and get a better return,buy in the middle of the boom area,(Chinchilla) if you are not so into risk,buy on the edge of the boom area closer to civilization.(Dalby)

If you want to be safer and get an even return without the volatility of the others.(Toowoomba)

Its all about the risk factor you are willing to take.

Toowoomba

Hiya, Just settled on a 2brm ground floor unit. Block of 6, single LUG. Purchase price $176K expect it to rent for $250/wk. Nice little earner that we've put into our SMSF. Property No 7. Only 5 more to go. The biggest problem was dealing with the bank. We've been doin this for a while now and have never had so much trouble our been treated with such apparent contempt.
Have a happy Christmas everyone. Cheers Bullfrog

Back