dated anyone sort of famous?

okay - spinning the wheels today ... but ... every time i read a post, article or advice from Harley Dale, Chief Economist, HIA, i think of the skinny kid with buck teeth and foppy fringe hairstyle that i went to my first high school dance with.

yeap - dated harley dale. haven't seen him since those early high school days. i've googled a few photos and admit that he has changed rather - except for the teeth.

he was kinda cute in those days.

anyone else ... ?

p.s. my dad never got over that rachel hunter (nz model and rod stewart's ex) used to swim in our pool - was my little sister's best friend in early high school - before she was discovered.

A guy I used to work with at the NAB used to bathe naked with Natalie Imbruglia.

Of course, he'd go onto say, they were both about 6 mths old at the time.

(Apparently her family were family friends at the time)

Last edited:
Not quite what you were after Lizzie but I've got a few embarrassing "brush with fame" stories:

A long time ago a friend of my was teaching me how to do tumble turns in the pool. Half way through my pathetic splashing around, trying to get the motion and the distance right I realised that Kieren Perkins was swimming laps in the lane next to me :eek:.

Oh and while peering over the shelves trying to work out if this was really Pierce Brosnan who I was seeing in the supermarket (it was him) I almost knocked over his pregnant wife :eek::eek:.

kaf

My mum always harps on how she used to date one some dude on tv.. I forget his name.

A gentleman on the other hand never kisses and tells ;)

Last edited:
all my ex g/fs have dated someone famous, they obviously dont date the all allusive guy now obviously coz there my ex's.

:)

One forumite (no longer active) once turned down a date with Elle McPherson.

That was well before she was famous- but she was still a stunner.

was mates with and went to school with casey conways brothers, played footy with pj marsh and almost dated aussie tough ***** mel when was around grade 10 my wifes uncles went to school with elle and mimi didnt date either.

Graham Potter (murderer of Kim Barry) lived just up the street from me and asked me out. I'm glad to say I refused. He was a very quiet guy (certainly NOT dateable) and a couple of years older than me. I was somewhat friendly with his younger sister.

Ok get the jokes ready....when I was about 19 I went out a few times with......'Peter - the Phantom Puller' from the Blankety Blanks tv show.

When i was in primary school the big sister one of the guys in my class married Andy Gibb. They lived just up the road & all the neighbours were fussing about it but we were too young to understand all the fuss.

Cheers
Stella

Last edited:
I was asked out by the guy who played Lance on Home and Away (Peter something or other) at a Sydney Rave in the late 90's. He was an old friend of a friend and because I had been such a huge home and away fan while he was still in it I knew who he was right away. He was a real nice guy but no sparks.

My wife was asked out by Hugh Jackman once. I joked she should have said yes and we could do a double date with Nicole and I!

Also an ex girlfriend lived in a house in Darlinghurst in what had been Nicole Kidman's bedroom, so I have spent plenty of nights in Nicoles Bedroom!

Didn't date him but went to primary school with Australian cricketer Michael Clarke.
Was in the same year and same class, had handball shootouts at lunch. I was the only girl who could challenge him :D

Now he is stinking rich, has a bimbo girl who he buys a 300k Aston Martin for, and I'm here working 12 hours a day in front of a computer. Kinda wished i had of got more friendly with him back in year 6 now!

Didn't date him but went to primary school with Australian cricketer Michael Clarke.
Was in the same year and same class, had handball shootouts at lunch. I was the only girl who could challenge him :D

Now he is stinking rich, has a bimbo girl who he buys a 300k Aston Martin for, and I'm here working 12 hours a day in front of a computer. Kinda wished i had of got more friendly with him back in year 6 now!

If this is of any consolation. Think how would the chick who refused to date Bill Gates be feeling now that he has been the richest man on Earth for atleast 9 years!!!

Cheers,
Oracle.

Back