7 degrees of separation

Hmmmmm.................if there is 200 mega successful, wealthy, and beautiful people in the world, what's the maximum population possible so that there's 7 degrees of separation between the 200 and everyone else?

People I have served

I used to work at Coles at Pacific Fair on the Gold Coast.
I have served Liberace and got his autograph. It was funny, a few old ladies came up and touched me for luck after that...LOL
Served Bill Hayden as well while I was working there.
Used to serve Flo Bjelke petersen and her daughter all the time when I worked at Woolies in Kingaroy.

so rugrat that puts you 2 from the queen and from her you can go a long way.
e.g. you-Howard-queen-Sting-native south american.
If you have a PM or royalty in your 6 degrees then you can go really far especially if they are your 1 or 2 number. I love this stuff.:)

my sisters' best friend in middle school was rachael hunter (the model) so that makes me 3 degree from rod stewart. i used to hang out with the nephew of dave dobbin (nz muso). it is believed that my greatx4 uncle was george black from the eureka stockade breakout.

kinda interesting (and works) when you think about it - although i believe they might mean people you actually "know" rather than just meet randomly for a few seconds as being the first link.

My experiences in this are: -

- I've sat down and had a beer with Jackie Chan. Just me and him but a crowd was nearby but i spent 5 or so minutes alone chatting to him. Got photos to prove it.

- Saw Eric Burdon by himself at a pub so bought him an ale and chatted about music. very interesting guy in a relaxed environment. No photos of that one but an autograph on a t-shirt though.

- Shook hands and spoke Chinese to Michelle Yeoh. Very sexy lady.

- Been photographed by a Chicago newspaper shaking hands with Koko Taylor.

- Met Paul Keating, John Howard and John Cosgrove. Nothing special there for me.

- Shook hands with Chen Shui Bian (previous president of Taiwan who is now in jail).

EDIT - I should add, my grandmother was a direct relation to John Oxley.

More importantly, talk to myself everyday.....

G

I lived near, and went to school with Graeme Potter, the guy who killed his girl friend, Kim Barry, then chopped her head and fingers off and dumped her body. This was back in the 80's, if anyone remembers. Several years before this, he asked me out. I declined! Although a rather quiet person, he was a bit "strange".

I went to Camberwell High School at the same time as Danni Minogue (Kylie graduated the year or 2 before I started).

Also at the same school, (and this is now slightly embarrassing) lunchtimes were spent playing Dungeons and Dragons :eek: with Brad Kilpatrick. (was in a few eps of Neighbours, and played "Brains" in Henderson Kids) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0453287/

He hasn't done much since! But because he was an actor, he and Danni had a bit to do with each other, I was included, by association (but she didn't join in the D&D!! :D)

I was at school with Barry Hall at good ol' Broadford. We had the same maths class.

(My husband has met Russell Crowe. And there's also some connection with Eric Bana too.)

When I was 3, in England, I made it into the local paper, wearing an Easter bonnet. Not wanting to brag, but when you've made it, you've made it, you know... :p

Hmmmmm.................if there is 200 mega successful, wealthy, and beautiful people in the world, what's the maximum population possible so that there's 7 degrees of separation between the 200 and everyone else?

I'm not sure if this was supposed to be rhetorical or not, but it would depend on how many friends each person had.

i.e. If everyone on the planet only had 2 friends each, then there would be more 'degrees of separation', than if everyone had 100 friends each.

In other news, does anyone remember the XXXX beer commercial where there is the 3 or 4 usual guys and one of them has a new girlfriend who can't speak English and is wearing a bikini? Anyway, that big-breasted model was a friend of my next-door neighbour a few years ago, so she came around there a few times. So famous I don't even know her name.

My sister and I met Simon Baker before he got real famous too. It was in a shopping center somewhere in Sydney, he might have been there to promote E-Street or whatever TV show he was doing back then.

I now remember my mother telling me that back when I was a baby, my parents used to manage a Pub in Wales. It was the local watering hole for a famous Welsh quoir and after practice, they would come in for a drink. Apparently they would often serenade me to sleep.

Painter, how much of your own family history did you need to know for Ancestry.com to find all of those links? Are you from the states yourself as you seem to have a lot of US rellies? Our family is putting a lot of stuff into the Geni website and linking up with all the others, I was googling my great Grandfather and found someone else googling him as her Grandfather was his brother...I thought that was pretty cool.

Back