Dean Park-Blacktown LGA

Can someone advice on the Dean Park suburb in NSW? I'm trying to buy a PPOR. Are there any streets to be avoided? Is there any HC stock in the area?

I'm looking at Symonds Rd, Hoyle Dr, Malone Cres, Wayne St and on the streets near William Dean Public School.

Thanks

Jacque would probably be the one to speak to, or Propertunity.

All I will say is that house is ugly as sin :)

Hi Pie,

I looked this property up for you. And it’s a little strange.
Firstly, wow! This property has been on and off the market since 2008. Since December 2010 it’s been on the market for $499,950. However, according to RPdata there was a sales advice issued in June this year for $405,000 (this may be a mistake by RPdata).

Prior, the home was sold in 2006 for $302,000. Since 2006, the median price in Dean Park has increased by 22%. The current median sale price in Dean Park is $375,000.

As for the homes appearance… It’s not as bad as the agents jackets.

according to the RP data, does that mean from 28/2/12 this has been listed that many times through all those agents to try and sell this house for 499K?

according to the RP data, does that mean from 28/2/12 this has been listed that many times through all those agents to try and sell this house for 499K?

It cant be the vendor being unrealistic... I am sure the 20th agent will get me my price!!!!!!!!

Road will be busy as it's the primary access road for the stone cutters development. Probably why it's been done. Try and catch the people that can't afford in there and want the new house smell.

Can someone advice on the Dean Park suburb in NSW? I'm trying to buy a PPOR. Are there any streets to be avoided? Is there any HC stock in the area?

I'm looking at Symonds Rd, Hoyle Dr, Malone Cres, Wayne St and on the streets near William Dean Public School.

Thanks

Hi Newpie

If you have mid $400K's to spend (which you must have, if you're considering this house) then why so isolated? I'd be looking at nearby QH for better value for money as well as proximity to transport. Even consider Kings Park or Marayong- I can see you like new but you will find something renovated for your $$ at least here. Best of luck.

Thanks

OOps realised I didn't address your HC question- mainly found in Hoyle, Kenneth and Armstrong.

Hi Pie,

I looked this property up for you. And it’s a little strange.
Firstly, wow! This property has been on and off the market since 2008. Since December 2010 it’s been on the market for $499,950. However, according to RPdata there was a sales advice issued in June this year for $405,000 (this may be a mistake by RPdata).

Prior, the home was sold in 2006 for $302,000. Since 2006, the median price in Dean Park has increased by 22%. The current median sale price in Dean Park is $375,000.

As for the homes appearance… It’s not as bad as the agents jackets.

Thanks for all the information and rpdata report. It was really useful. I've decided not to go further with that property.

Is it for an investment? I just question how you will get extraordinary capital growth when the land size is 380sqm?

No, its not for investment. I'm looking for PPOR. Yes, what you are saying is true. You cannot expect extraordinary CG with small land.

I'm now looking elsewhere. Most likely a new property to get benefits of FHOG.

Hi Newpie

If you have mid $400K's to spend (which you must have, if you're considering this house) then why so isolated? I'd be looking at nearby QH for better value for money as well as proximity to transport. Even consider Kings Park or Marayong- I can see you like new but you will find something renovated for your $$ at least here. Best of luck.

Thanks Jacque, you are very helpful as always. As you and others have mentioned, the above said property was not good value for money so I've dropped that one now.

Once again, the search begins. I'm confused as ever. Looks like I'll keep looking forever :confused:

With SCR just over the bridge, its about time Dean Park went up as well.
How are you enjoying life at SCR Lenovo? I notice your neighbours still have not sold (the cosmo home) and also the other Bedarra around the corner from you is still for sale in late 800's.
David

Back