deceased estates

Anybody had much dealing with these?

Pro and cons anyone?

What is the best way of finding out about these?

Any input would be great!

Hi there
have bought property from a deceased estate.

When you do your contract - you want to be sure you are dealing with the executor who has been appointed.

I note that we did have a sunset clause in the contract - that if probate was not obtained by a certain time, we could pull out of the contract.

I note there is a website that advertises them - also the public trustee is a place to see these sorts of properties.

thanks

I actually paid to use that website last year and it was the worst decision. Links wouldn't work and searches wouldn't work properly. The owner gave me extra time on it for free to compensate but its not worth the hassle.

Might have improved now, who knows

Some people wouldn't want to live in a house where someone has died
Not that I am saying all deceased estates have had someone die in them

Who cares. We are investors. Buy it, hire a priest to perform an excorcism and rent it out.

The tenants will never know better and not telling them is not a breach of ethics.

Could be a problem though if the furniture starts to move by itself....

LOL..... buying from a deceased estate doesn't mean someone actually died in the house. It belonged to someone who has passed away. If you buy an old house, you are going to probably be buying a house that someone has died in, or moved from and then passed away.

Having said all that, I personally would not ever want to live in a house that someone was murdered in. But buying from a deceased estate has never bothered me.

We bought a semi in South Australia in 2007 that was part of a deceased estate.

The owner possibly died and his grand-daughter was selling.

We got access to the property when we went unconditional and did
the required reno and it rented out immediately on settlement.
We've had no issues, thankfully.

>>Really every non new house has someone die in it at some point.

Who cares. We are investors. Buy it, hire a priest to perform an excorcism and rent it out.
>>L0L - I would just rent it out.... (never mind the priest - what happens if it's the wrong religion!)....

The tenants will never know better and not telling them is not a breach of ethics.
>> Eh' they could of died in hospital or in the property - most people wouldn't know and really don't care...

Back