Deception Bay

just having a look on realestate.com and Deception bay seems reasonably priced v rental income.
Anyone had a good look at the area ?

I was looking at this for a a while, the RE called it depression bay lol, I think becasue of the tide? (correct me if im wrong northies)

The townhouses seem ok but the strata may be high on some

check things out yourself

It is a lower socioeconomic area thatgets bought up in discussion along with logan , mt Druitt etc , but it is near the water . Lots of people have made money in those areas .

In the last cycle I asked about Redcliffe and was told by one high profile member it was deadcliffe .

Subsequently I found out she was buying there herself ....

Cliff

its called depression bay because of the shear lack of stuff to do there....beach isnt that great... lots of bogans
its got a stigma- allot of locals dont like it there

if it was me i would head away from the freeway and the kippa ring and head more toward the top end of redcliffe
scarborough is nicer (or used to be 8 years ago)

Yes it's full of bogans etc but that doesn't make it a bad place to invest, there are opportunities everywhere, it's depends on your perspective. If you are looking for 'nice' real estate it might not be for you, often if you live in a city you can be influenced by perceptions on what an area is like or whether you would like to live there but they can be good places to invest.

Well said Hugh, investments are investments because the numbers and information attained in conducting due diligence stack up.

Ugly houses in lower socio-economical areas are just the vehicle.

Love it...Boganomics at work! :D

Yes it's full of bogans etc but that doesn't make it a bad place to invest, there are opportunities everywhere, it's depends on your perspective. If you are looking for 'nice' real estate it might not be for you, often if you live in a city you can be influenced by perceptions on what an area is like or whether you would like to live there but they can be good places to invest.

Loved it! Bought there in 2002 for $132,000. Sold in 2012 for $225,000. Wanted to hold but other matters forced my hand. Had one set of tenants all that time, they cared for the place beautifully.

I have great memories of my time as a buyer there and learnt a lot. About myself and my capabilities, and about real estate market. Say Hello to Marie at Bay and District Realty, lovely lady.

its called depression bay because of the shear lack of stuff to do there....beach isnt that great... lots of bogans
its got a stigma- allot of locals dont like it there

if it was me i would head away from the freeway and the kippa ring and head more toward the top end of redcliffe
scarborough is nicer (or used to be 8 years ago)

What??

its called depression bay because it was a lower socioeconomic suburb, and still is to a less extent. According to my nice neighbours across the road who have lived there since their house was built in the 70's and raised a family and had great relations with all the families in the street, the riff raff only appeared as the older folk started to drop of the perch and houses were sold or rented out. Possibly the narrower streets held some public housing and some less desirables. Now DBay has expanded in all directions and has a mix of new and old houses, but the best location is the older area near the waterfront, and due to the older housing still attracts a bit of riff raff. However investors are the main cause of this because many don't care about the quality of tenants or keeping their place tidy and lifting the street appeal, just the $$ going into their bank. Slumlords! And they are responsible for most of the agents in the area not lifting their game, including one referred to above who has been responsible for many bad tenants in our street!

shear lack of stuff to do there. True, it does not have the cafes and restaurants of Redcliffe etc (although that strip isn't exactly all that flash), but is only a 15 minute drive, and Westfield at North Lakes is 10 minutes. On the other hand the waterfront at DBay is so quite and relaxing compared to the bustle of Redcliffe - love it!

beach isnt that great. What beach! Do you mean the bit of sand on the sand/mudflats when the tide goes out? Maybe your memory is letting you down.

lots of bogans. A few, but no where near as many as Caboolture and where I believe many have moved to, and its cheaper to rent. The mix of people in Woollies is not all that different to my Woollies back home, but as it is not a bogan area the rougher element are not referred to as bogans - they are just labourers and tradies :D

its got a stigma- allot of locals dont like it there. Do you mean the people who actually live there, and choose to live there, or those from neighboring areas who look down their nose and have probably not been there for 10 years?

scarborough is nicer (or used to be 8 years ago) Maybe that says it all!

Future?

Are there any future plans regarding infustructure around that area. Iv heard to watch this area by a couple of well known investors. One being Margret Lomas at her last seminar in Sydney. I live in nsw and am curious about that area. Houses fit my price range and looks like a goodspot!

Train line under construction, due for completion next year. Rothewll is nearest station. A lot of businesses opening outlets in North Lakes, close by. Bunnings, Masters, Costco etc etc etc.

found this while searching tonight

http://www.prdnationwide.com.au/sou...ents/2015/South East Queensland Hotspots.ashx

might be useful as a quick snapshot of major developments for SE QLD

I liked their summary of best performing areas ... Wynnum units 35 % in last year . We bought two in late 2103 ! Alas it probably just represents more sales in a higher price bracket , though it would be nice if it were true . From my observations its gone up around 5-10 % since we bought .

Cliff

We bought two in late 2103 !

Cliff

So that how you do it Cliff, you can see into the future and buy with the benefit of hindsight, that's fantastic.

Can you do a crystal ball reading for the rest of us. :D

And you obviously found the fountain of youth also, because you'll be a damn old investor by then. :cool:

So that how you do it Cliff, you can see into the future and buy with the benefit of hindsight, that's fantastic.

Can you do a crystal ball reading for the rest of us. :D

And you obviously found the fountain of youth also, because you'll be a damn old investor by then. :cool:

Oops ...:eek:

Cliff

Back