declining property prices?

I am half tempted to get another one but as the last repairman said when he came to fix the genset... there are 2 good days when you have a boat - the day you buy it and the day you sell it. Unfortunately for me this was only too true.

I reckon if you are'nt in a position to use it for at least 6 days a week, you're better off finding a mate with one.

Any Wednesday I can go to RQYS and jag a ride on arguably some of the fastest Multihulls in Australia for free ( a bottle of rum is always gratefully received and enjoyed:D )

If Monohull's takes your fancy,................well they have them as well:rolleyes:

Dave

1929 was a great year too, I heard. I think a lot of people here will be working retail soon - selling apples and pencils on street corners!

1929 was a great year too, I heard. I think a lot of people here will be working retail soon - selling apples and pencils on street corners!

I heard a meteor will end life on this planet..............and it's more than halve way here too:eek:

I wonder if the dinosaurs carried on thinking that if it hasn't hit yet, it never will!

They were likely blissfully unaware and the end would have been swift and painless. Possibly better than the ones that lived by the assumption and spent their lives in fear?

Cheers,

Arkay

Was just responding to one of your 'mates' assertions on the first page of this thread that everbody was going to stop buying this weekend. I "marked his words" as he suggested, and found his forecast to be nonsense (didn't eventuate). Ah well, ignore the results when it suits you hey :rolleyes:

I expect the sharemarket will be wiped by 20-30% off it's highs over the next few months and then plateau sideways for the next 2-3 years under a liquidity shortage.

In contrast, house prices will continue to be strong and rise for the next year.

Interesting. :) I was unaware that the stock market was so liquidity driven. I thought I was investing in companies that produced or sold things and made a profit doing so. To make it worse I thought property was floating on a sea of liquidity. :(

Thanks for pointing out such fundamental flaws in my thinking.

I heard a meteor will end life on this planet..............and it's more than halve way here too:eek:

ah - well, i read some very emminent meteorologists advising that there are so many near misses already, that no one knows about until after the event (because the meteors travel so fast) that we will also remain ignorant until about 3 minutes before the event - if we see it at all.

ah - well, i read some very emminent meteorologists advising that there are so many near misses already, that no one knows about until after the event (because the meteors travel so fast) that we will also remain ignorant until about 3 minutes before the event - if we see it at all.

Something to look forward to :D

interesting

Yes maybe is was over pessimistic. In my defence when i wrote that quote on thursday the stockmarket had dropped 5 pct in morning trading. In the remaining day and a half it bounced back 4 pct. But only after some serious jitters. Now the fed reserve has stepped in so here we go again - buy, buy buy.

They were likely blissfully unaware and the end would have been swift and painless. Possibly better than the ones that lived by the assumption and spent their lives in fear?

The dinosaurs had a warm, lush environment and they grew bigger and bigger to better exploit those resources.

They probably laughed at that little mammal hiding under a rock. Why don't you grow big and eat all of these plants - it's been sunny for a million years!

But who's laughing now, and who's remains are being burnt to drive who's descendants around?

I wonder if the dinosaurs carried on thinking that if it hasn't hit yet, it never will!

Comparing the future of the property market to a meteor wiping out the dinosaurs has to be by far the most ridiculous argument for declining property prices I think I have ever heard.

The dinosaurs had a warm, lush environment and they grew bigger and bigger to better exploit those resources.

They probably laughed at that little mammal hiding under a rock. Why don't you grow big and eat all of these plants - it's been sunny for a million years!

But who's laughing now, and who's remains are being burnt to drive who's descendants around?

wtf? aren't we talking about market crashes?

and 16 million years from now I'm sure you'll be happy you survived :eek:

Meanwhile the rest of us will have lived happily on a beach soaking up the sun and drinking margaritas....

Your biggest problem is that you have a finite mindset. You think there has to be an equation where for one to have more, the other must have less. This isn't any reality I live in and I pity you for the brainwashing that you seem to have undergone from your "other forum" buddies.

Cheers,

Arkay.

Your biggest problem is that you have a finite mindset. You think there has to be an equation where for one to have more, the other must have less. This isn't any reality I live in

Hi, I understand the "life isn't a zero-sum game" argument that you are putting forward here. If I make money creating wealth, it doesn't mean that someone else is poorer. I understand that.

However, this is fundamentally different than LAND. Land IS finite.

Housing stock isn't, but it can only increase at a few percentage points a year (limited by capacity of building industry) and an increased density does lower other people's privacy, cause congestion etc.

Land IS finite. That's why I have a finite mindset with it.

Hi, I understand the "life isn't a zero-sum game" argument that you are putting forward here. If I make money creating wealth, it doesn't mean that someone else is poorer. I understand that.

However, this is fundamentally different than LAND. Land IS finite.

Housing stock isn't, but it can only increase at a few percentage points a year (limited by capacity of building industry) and an increased density does lower other people's privacy, cause congestion etc.

Land IS finite. That's why I have a finite mindset with it.

I don't believe it is either truth be told. Australia has plenty. By the time all capital cities are built out so far that they join each other I'm sure the moon will be habitable (perhaps the mortgage belt!). Density in the city will increase as demand dictates and that demand is driven by wants.. People want to live close, as such there is a price premium. It's all a question of scale.

20 million years from now people may choose which planet to live on like people currently choose which suburb to live in. Again, there will be expensive and cheap based on desirability and the wants of the inhabitants.

Cheers,

Arkay.

Type into Youtubes search box
"Nibiru 2012 Pole Shift"

This is a little worrying, the Maya were chronic timekeepers and great astrologers, they havent been wrong yet and experts are still amazed at how they ever predicted the stars so accurately, as for the skull and Nibiru.. well, some pics are known fakes, the skull was a mis shapen baby that some culture stuch lacca bands on its head, but the rest is a little scary.
The ending of the Maya's calendar on the 21st is the day that a long cycle ends on which may cause the poles to shift, and could cause major catastrophe, I hope this doesnt happen.
There are much better vids on Youtube about this but this is the first I saw.

Back