definition of a good PM

Hi all,

My definition of a good property manager.

Is fussy when it comes to the photo and add for a property that is for rent.

Does regular drive passes and gives feedback.

Suggests rent increases with comparison property to support.

Is pleasant to deal with whether you are a landlord or a tenant

Returns your phone calls

What can you guys add to this list?????

1. Is well plugged-in and produces tenants out of no-where (some seem to be able to do that).

2. has some experience in investing themselves

kaf

Doesn't need to be chased; only has to be asked once. (I'm having trouble with this one right now. I'm up to 4 or 5 reminders on some issues. :rolleyes:)

Efficient - has checklists of things to do at start and end of tenancies rather than having to be reminded each time that my property has some idiosyncracies. (Like I charge back electricity, so the meter needs to be read, and we need to block their access code from the common entry door, etc.)

is stingy with your money - gets three quotes and consults with you before taking any of them.

communicates and never to busy to take a call.

laughs and crys with you.

is a really tough b*tch when required.

Deals with petty issues off their own bat and doesn't bother you with them. If they dont do this, then I have no idea what we are paying them 8+% a week. My PM thinks he is a relay machine (tenant rings him automatically he contacts me to resolve it ) - I could get an answering machine to do that and save myself a lot of money. They have already been paid for finding the tenant when they deduct 1.5 weeks rent from the first rent payment.

Back