Deport this granny here.

Real or not, I'd like a bit more of that type of justice in this world.

Okay lizzie. Since studies have shown that half or maybe more rape reports are false, what should we do with women that report rapes? Shoot off their boobs, then find out if they are telling the truth or not?

Sound ridiculous? Of course it is. No more ridiculous than your view, though. For the record, I don't support that view.

What concerns me the most, is how this somehow seems like acceptable behaviour - for a woman - to commit. A lot of people are quietly or openly cheering her on. Yes, I know this is fake, but that's not the point. Once again we have an example of where male on female violence is criminal and female on male violence is celebrated and treated like entertainment.

Vigilante violence, regardless of the perpetrator, is totally unacceptable. End of story.

Off topic I know, but I was saddened to hear of the guy in Louisiana (I think) who was executed today after spending over twenty years on death row.

In most of the world he would be released as having served his time. In ALL the rest of the civilized world it would be deemed "cruel and unusual" to serve so long as a "dead man walking" to be executed anyway. Over these years this execution would have cost the state millions of dollars in appeals etc.

No useful purpose was served.

Off topic I know, but I was saddened to hear of the guy in Louisiana (I think) who was executed today after spending over twenty years on death row.

In most of the world he would be released as having served his time. In ALL the rest of the civilized world it would be deemed "cruel and unusual" to serve so long as a "dead man walking" to be executed anyway. Over these years this execution would have cost the state millions of dollars in appeals etc.

You have to question any "system" or set of rules which drags things out for 20 years

Was actually thinking about theft. How many witnesses for adultery? Four? Punishment in somalia at some parts is death.

Ah! Well, then....

adultery claim can be made by the man and onus is on the woman to prove otherwise.

Rape victims in somalia and the sudan are regularly stoned to death for adultery.

especially as he wasn't linked to the crime physically or forensically.

Seems to me, you guys just like to argue for arguments sake! Fine with me, you ****s!

Got me in one.

Actually the story is similar to the tenor of emails I get from an acquaintance- a quick fix jingoistic popularist style solution that at 1st blush appears fine but on any investigation presents many holes.

So my kids aren't safe to walk the street because a gun toting codger may mistake them for someone who her grand daughter has identified no doubt whilst under the influence of painkillers and probably sedatives.

Does biddy have 20/20 vision? Wear corrective glasses perhaps?

Will she shoot my toy poodle if it does a dump on her lawn?

And they want to make her mayor?

On this subject, there was a show on SBS or ABC about this guy:

http://www.brightestyoungthings.com/articles/another-movie-guy-robert-blecker-wants-me-dead-etc.htm

It was one of the most memorable documentaries, I think I will ever see.

The man was a genius.

He pleaded guilty, denied petitions brought to the court not to kill him, denied insanity and wanted to die as he knew he should...yet was continually appealed by his lawyers who pleaded insanity.

During his imprisonment, Holton became an amateur legal expert, and he took steps to ignore the automatic and voluntary appeals process afforded to all condemned men and women under state and U.S. law. He also declined to cooperate with the state- or federally-appointed capital defenders who sought to offer him legal assistance and counsel. For this reason, he is often included among the group described as death row "volunteers."[

After several appeals working to delay his death, Daryl Horton wrote his own letter of APPEAL to the court pleading NO guilt in such a rational sane context, that the verdict was made that he was indeed sane AND guilty, and the execution was carried out.

During this time, a NY Law professor befriended him, still wanted him dead...yet the two had an unmistakable intellectual bond. The bond these two had was so interesting, as were the unbelievably philosophical conversations that were recorded between them.

Daryl Horton murdered his children because his wife had left him, was living with another man in a neighborhood of crime, and he believed his children would grow up abused and as criminals. He killed them so that they could go to heaven still pure. He was prepared to go to hell to "save" them.

He opted for the electric chair rather than lethal injection.

Regards JO

Jo, I must be missing something - is the same guy that murdered his kids the genius? and possibly sane?

I think there is a chance of something horrible happening to anyone.. e.g. Daniel Morcombe
ok, living in a rich suburb should decrease the chances, but wouldn't make one immune.
Following this (insane) guy's logic, every parent kill their child now to save them?

He's also considered a legal expert? He shouldn't have needed to read very far to see that murder isn't legal :confused:

Jo, I must be missing something - is the same guy that murdered his kids the genius? and possibly sane?

I think there is a chance of something horrible happening to anyone.. e.g. Daniel Morcombe
ok, living in a rich suburb should decrease the chances, but wouldn't make one immune.
Following this (insane) guy's logic, every parent kill their child now to save them?

He's also considered a legal expert? He shouldn't have needed to read very far to see that murder isn't legal :confused:

Hi vb,

I understand your point. Daniel Morcombe is another very sad story. Completely different in motive and act. It is so hard to explain, but if you ever see this documentary- click on the link- please watch it.

The guy was indeed extremely intelligent and I believe he was completely sane.

I will ask you this question:

Are people who believe in God sane?

Regards JO

Big call Jo. :eek:

Fair question though.

I know, probably shouldn't have said it...I don't want a debate on that question...but VB:

Let me make myself clear: I completely and utterly detest both of these killers for what they have done to innocent children.

The documentary stuck in my mind and I have just deleted a whole paragraph that may not be appropriate on this forum...relating to capital punnishment and how painful it should or should not be.

Regards JO

I'll have a watch at home :) but without having watched it, i'm still of the opinion that if he uses the Bible, or any other inspiration from God as justification for "saving" his kids, then he is insane, or seriously disillusioned. I'm not aware of any part of the Bible saying this would be ok?

I think sanity is all relative anyway.. apparently it's sane in a muslim country to stone a women who claims to be raped, but doesn't have 4witnesses?

What maybe considered "sane" in a western country, would have been for the man to kidnap his kids and take them to a different country (that doesn't have an extradition law with the US) and try to raise the kids normally?

Hi vb,

If you have a chance to read the Old Testament one day, you might be suprised.

But I am NOT going down that line of religion....no offence. Just don't want to start something that will be shut down if I can help it.

Got to admit though, sometimes I think the world's gone completely crackers and I'm the only sane one in it!:)

Regards JO

Back