Depreciation Company which one to chose for 3rd IP ?

Settlement on Monday 27th May, finally got our 3rd IP and 1st Nras property. Now to decide which company to do the depreciation report. Got quotes off Dep Pro for $599.50 used them for our first one. BMT not used before but are in the area and have quoted a reduced price of $660 as they will not need to measure up for common area's as this is being done for other clients on the same estate. Napier and Blakeley used for our 2nd IP given to us by the developer as a thankyou after taking note of the first 2 quotes have come back with $495. Not sure if this is their normal cost or reduced to beat the other two quotes. Either way its decision time any body got any suggestions as to which is the best company more interested in which is the best out of the 3 of them than the price as quality comes first. Who would you use/or have used ??

Yman banned why ?????

Any thoughts on Napier and Blakeley they are here on the sunshine coast which is why I think they came out cheapest plus they had insight into the other 2 quotes ??

Personally I use BMTQS and also refer my own clients to them as well. Very thorough reports, hard and soft copies. Easy to decipher the relevant information when tax time comes, guarantee you will receive double the cost of report in first year or money back. Great online calculator/iphone app for estimates pre purchase.

I have seen a few very shonky depreciation schedules on my travel and I think when buying something which effectively last 40 years, going cheap to save $100 here or there is a false economy and you really do get what you pay for.

I here depreciator (somersoft regular) is also very good, so maybe worth giving him a shout.

All the best

I would recommend Scott from Depreciator. He done a great job for me just 2 weeks ago.
Nice guy, knows his things and easy to deal with. He is always there only a phone call or an email away.

Thanks all.
Napiers might know that project so that's why they are cheaper. That price is less than what we would charge. They know what they are doing, too - and as far as I know they are not taking the shortcut that many companies are taking these days. I'd be going with them at that price.
Scott

Thanks for your responses everyone hubby is inclined to go with Napier as last report was done by them for 2nd IP and was very happy with it.
Scott I think price is lower mainly because yes like BMT they are already doing some of the units so will have done the common area's already. Plus they had insite into the quotes I had already as I told them how much when asked.

Thanks

Jean

Scott I believe it will be Matthew Kopell doing it if we chose them or at least he is the person to direct any questions I have to

Clearly you neglected to mention you were from Somersoft. Yep, we charge $10 - sometimes, but rarely. Often people say, 'Oh, don't worry about it. I don't really need a hard copy.' We email soft copies to accountants and clients and have a massive archive - well over 65,0000 Schedules on tap. Last week, we amended, free of charge, Schedule number 73.

Yes Bats, we have people in Perth. All providers would. Sorry I missed your question.

I would recommend Scott from Depreciator. He done a great job for me just 2 weeks ago.
Nice guy, knows his things and easy to deal with. He is always there only a phone call or an email away.

Add me to Scott's fan base for the reason's above also

Have just use Depreciator for my WA property. Very supportive and helpful girls on the phone. Gave me a discount for Sommersoft and some extra off for not arranging the visit /I provided a list of asassets by myself/. The report looks promising. Still need to find time to clarify what renovation labour costs and items if any they have not included to get them to my accountant. So will feel their after service level. If all is good, plan to stick to them for the next ips. BMT was the second runner in my brief tender - very very helpful and patient.

Back