Depreciation Schedule - Cairns

Hi, does anyone have any recommendations for depreciation schedule preparation for a 4x2 house in Cairns? Any good/bad experiences.. how much did you pay ? I'm more sensitive to getting a thorough job than cost.

Cheers.

I recommended Depreciator to a friend in Cairns and they were happy with their services. I've also used them elsewhere and will use them in Cairns.

Thanks guys. We have a crusty old semi retired QS who lives in the hills behind Cairns.
We'll never be the cheapest option, though.

Hi Scott how do you deal with ambiguity over build date.. eg my place was built "about 1985" and extensively extended "about 1995". Are council searches included in your service? Or do you estimate build date?

Cheers.

Councils don't often know the dates.
If it was recent purchase, the original build cost in 85 is out of contention.
There will depreciation in the 95 reno and the Assets. Our guys will let us know when they inspect if a date seems odd. Equally, they often spot renos that clients didn't know were there.
Do you happen to have any photos of the property? If so, email them to me and I'll get a QS to have a look at them.

Scott

Hi Scott how do you deal with ambiguity over build date.. eg my place was built "about 1985" and extensively extended "about 1995". Are council searches included in your service? Or do you estimate build date?

Cheers.

Check your meter box... a lot of stuff in QLd country - aka ergon, have two numbers, which normally represent the year the meter box was installed (this is for replacement/warrenty etc from their point of view)... Anyhow if it says 85 - it will be 1985 install so you can assume the house build was finished then. If it is earlier, that will be your install year date of the meter, so this should give you a bit better estimate of build date!.

However if it does say something like 94.. and the house looks much older, then this would be when the meter got replaced.. so just be careful... but it could be handy in trying to date something from the 70s/80s/90s!!!

Back