Detroit Michigan----44 Unit Apartment Building-----

$22,000 PER MONTH INCOME POTENTIAL-ZERO DELINQUENT TAX

Ad says it all - INCOME POTENTIAL.. Meaning - There are no real rooms anymore, no plumbing, nor is there any income either now or (probably) for at least the next 10 years.

You would be absolutely CRAZY to even THINK of this. You would be safer walking around unarmed carrying a 40' USA flag in Tora Bora, Afghanistan. It looks like a 'Visit Berlin' poster from 1945....

The ONLY reason to even look twice would be if you wanted the bricks for a restoration project you had going. And even then you would have to be careful they werent stolen before you got them on the truck...

Gives me shivers just looking at it...

I just looked at the internal photos after writing the above. I was correct in what I wrote even though I hadn't looked further down the ad.You want to know whats wrong with big parts of the US? Look at that once quite attractive building. Gutted, wrecked and trashed. Someone has also just spent good money on parts of it - roof, some internals etc. and then run out of money or realised it is a near worthless cause.

There are big sections of the US that I do not like, but this makes it very personal and just leaves me with an overall feeling of sadness.
Sad, sad, sad.

Last edited:
Great you added that. Thank you.

USA - the two halves. Or to slightly misquote 'The two haves'.

The US is a harsh environment. It would be the best place in the world to have real money, and certainly one of the worst (if not the worst) to have none.

To save these two for the future archives - would someone with more skill and a better net conx (in a hotel right now) post pictures of those two properties?

I think this post is incredibly inciteful and shows the massive disparity in US housing.

As investors we are all about money, but to understand that, I think it helps to understand what the pictures mean.

Imagine how you would feel if parts of MEL, ADL, PER, SYD, DRW were like the Detroit block and foreignors were sifting through the remains of once great wealth...

Maybe I am just being too sentimental...

oh my god .......... how could you even consider buying that, unless you're planning to buy and hold for 50 years in a hope&pray investment strategy.......???????

Well spotted....

I didn't look that closely:)

Clearly a lot of satisfied investors playing the 'buy, hope and pray' investment strategy pretty heavily. That idiot Aaron thought he was being funny:):):)

Although, I think Madoff's Split Strike conversion strategy would have a much better return....

Back