Development feasibility

Hi,

I am planning to demolish an existing house in McKinnon (Victoria) and build 3 townhouses on the land of 670m2. I have done a development feasibility based on quotes from an architect. As I am unfamiliar with costs in Melb, I am posting the spreadsheet here for comments from experienced developers in Melb.

Can anyone recommend a town planner / consultant who deals with the City of Glen Eira Council on a regular basis?

I am also looking for a project manager to oversee the development, can anyone give a recommendation?

Thank you for your help,
TPM

Attachments

• McKinnon Development Feasibility.xls
    50 KB · Views: 265
The City of Glen Eira has been the first council to adopt the new Victorian Building Code, this have made it more difficult to develop multi-unit sites.

Perhaps you should first confirm whether you can now fit 3 THs on 670m2.

Hi TPM,

What is the zoning of the land?

Glen Eira was the first Council to introduce the new Residential Zones under the Victorian planning reforms announced in July, so hopefully your architect has ensured that 3 units will still be a possibility given the reformed zones.

Cheers, David.

Edit: Just saw turk's post above, he beat me to it! Feel free to PM the address and I can check for you.

Last edited:
Hi TPM,

Your site is located in the General Residential Zone 1 (GRZ1). Fortunately this will allow for a 3 dwelling redevelopment of the site. Glen Eira Council has rezoned much of their Council area as Neighbourhood Residential Zone which places greater restrictions on development.

David.

Hi

Just looked at your numbers. When did you buy the land? Seems to be a bargain if you just bought it recently
I believe if you are doing a feasibility study, it is best to use value in current market condition, rather than when you bought it

Hi,

I am planning to demolish an existing house in McKinnon (Victoria) and build 3 townhouses on the land of 670m2. I have done a development feasibility based on quotes from an architect. As I am unfamiliar with costs in Melb, I am posting the spreadsheet here for comments from experienced developers in Melb.

Can anyone recommend a town planner / consultant who deals with the City of Glen Eira Council on a regular basis?

I am also looking for a project manager to oversee the development, can anyone give a recommendation?

Thank you for your help,
TPM

Glen Eira is tough but fair. Make sure you have a good team to deal with the design aspect. Some of the best planners i have dealt with are or have worked there.

Cheers
Oscar

Definitely not fait accompli, but you have caught a break with the zone.

I assume you wish to sell each townhouse individually? If so, in the spreadsheet you may have missed surveying and civil engineering works in relation to subdivision.

Back