Development Opportunity. I.P in bluechip beachside loaction

I am an active property investor who has followed Jan's ideas for approx. 10 years and has decided to reluctantly place on of my properties for sale so as to comence a development of another in the same Street.

The property is located at 105 Seagull Ave, Mermaid Beach Qld. 4218 and is only one block from the beach (100-150m).
I purchased the 1970's lowset brick property in late 1997 and totally rennovated the house inside and out. New kitchen - Blanco oven, cooktop, rangehood, sink dishwasher, new Ensuite & Bathroom, new windows, floor coverings, fully rendered, reverse cycle air conditioning/heat, alarm system, security gate, double offstreet parking.

It is on a 433 square metre block which is duplex zoned, with a 12.5 metre street frontage. Yes, you can hear the waves and would have ocean views if a second level was constructed.

Opportunity to add a second level and garage to house or redevelop into duplex pair with ocean views.

It is presently rented to friends at $400 p/w $20800 p/a, but could easily achieve $430 per week. I know the rental return is not fantastic, but the growth and development potential are.

This area has grown substantially in the past 5 years and shows no indication of slowing. As such, I intend to embark on a duplex development up the road and this is also a prime site for a similar opportunity.

I resided in the property myself for 3 years and am only selling it to realise some profit - without capital gains to continue my investments/developments.

Presently listed for sale at $890K through the Professionals, Mermaid Beach. Property can be viewed through prohenderson.com.au, property ID 46171.

BUNDY

Below are a few figures on the Mermaid Beach area that may interest a few.

Feb/March API Magazine lists median prices for houses in Mermaid waters as beig $390K, with CAPITAL GROWTH for the last 12mths up to Sept 2002 as being 30.4%. - Not Bad.

Mermaid Beach is included in the demographic area, however the small beachside strip from SunBrite ave to the North, South to Hythe Street at Miami which is bordered by the Ocean on the East and the Gold Coast Highway on the west is an extremely high demand area with limited supply and extreme growth in the past 5 years. This pocket has shown exceptional growth in the past 5 years as demonstrated below.

The most recent sale in this street was for a Fibro House on a 405 square metre block at 8 Seagull Ave, Mermaid Beach this month - $750,000.

Actual figures for 105 Seagull:-

Dept Natural resources & Mines Valuation 1/10/01- $270K,
Dept Natural Resources & Mines Valuation 1/10/02 -$405K

49% Growth on unimproved value in 12mths.

I purchased this property for 275K in late 1997. Even being extremely conservative and working out the capital growth based on the last sale of $750K. Thats $475K in approx 5yrs. $95K Per year. This equates to 34.5% per year for the last 5 years.

There is a fibro cottage at 6 Seagull Ave, Mermaid Beach, similar to the one that just sold which was purchased in July 2001 for $410K. This suggests growth of aprox $340K in less than 2 yrs. 83% growth in under 2yrs.

This trend to live/invest near the beach does not seem to be wanning.

Food for thought.

BUNDY

Just a quick update. As I originally posted, I reluctantly placed this property on the market and had conflicting thoughts for the entire 6 weeks it was for sale. I had booked into Steve Navra's Brisbane Course for May 31 and my gut feeling got the better of me, so I decided not to sell my property and rented it out.

Best decision of my life. Steve's seminar was amazing and I intend to implement his cashbond system to fund future developments so my capital gain can keep increasing.

No second thoughts, no Capital Gains Tax.

Wonderful.

If anyone is in a similar situation and are equity rich, cash poor, please attend a Navra Course. You'll be amazed. I'm just so glad I'm not kicking myself!!!!

Cheers
BUNDY

:) :) :)

Excellent Bundy.

There have been questions in the forum about how this works in real life- Stve has told stories, but it's great to hear how it's worked for real.

Well done!

Dear Bundy,

Yes it is good to hear.

Being innovative whilst keeping your SANF intact and staying on track with you long-term goals.

Also your new avatar is down to earth. :)

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Back