DHA...Defence Housing

Hexa, how exactly do you find these DHA houses selling halfway through their lease???????

two ways... Allhomes or from the REA directly

when searching, start with oldest listings first.. good chance those will be DHA :D Standard lease is 9+3 for the existing ones.... 12+3 for brand newies. If you see a "rented until 2011", then that is likely a DHA property leased in 2002.

Just don't expect any cheap bargains... DHA prefer a bit of quality, so in the ACT, you will be needing to spend $400k+ for a 3br townhouse... or $450k+ (4br).

If for some reason you make purchasing decision when drunk and have $500k+... the DHA invest website has listings of their brand new properties. You will see that they are closer to a 4% yield but prob give ok depreciation returns.

EDIT: looked at twobobsworth's link.. yay for ACT property price premiums :(

two ways... Allhomes or from the REA directly

when searching, start with oldest listings first.. good chance those will be DHA :D Standard lease is 9+3 for the existing ones.... 12+3 for brand newies. If you see a "rented until 2011", then that is likely a DHA property leased in 2002.

Just don't expect any cheap bargains... DHA prefer a bit of quality, so in the ACT, you will be needing to spend $400k+ for a 3br townhouse... or $450k+ (4br).

If for some reason you make purchasing decision when drunk and have $500k+... the DHA invest website has listings of their brand new properties. You will see that they are closer to a 4% yield but prob give ok depreciation returns.

EDIT: looked at twobobsworth's link.. yay for ACT property price premiums :(

Of course, that makes so much sense, NOW, that you have told me, hehe. Thanks

And no, I do get drunk but I don't have 500k to invest just now.

do a browse search on domain.com.au and use "defence" in the key words field. It will obviously only pick up the adverts that have defence in the property description. I'm looking at maybe one myself....provided the price is right. It is around the corner from an IP i already own and has been on the market for 6 months. But we'll see.

do a browse search on domain.com.au and use "defence" in the key words field. It will obviously only pick up the adverts that have defence in the property description. I'm looking at maybe one myself....provided the price is right. It is around the corner from an IP i already own and has been on the market for 6 months. But we'll see.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for sounding ignorant, but how do i do i search, the only field i can find is to enter a suburb. Where is the search field located

Back