DIY Advice?

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a new home, which we are currently living in.

There is quite a bit of work I plan to do around the house, but as I plan to keep costs a low a possible, most of work I plan to do myself.

I don?t have too much DIY experience but just wanted to see if this forum would be a good source of information for simple DIY work or is there another ?DIY forum? out there that you guys make use of?

Cheers,
Robbie

Youtube is your friend, check out videos of things you want to do. I think I learnt to lay floating floor and tile from youtube!

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a new home, which we are currently living in.

There is quite a bit of work I plan to do around the house, but as I plan to keep costs a low a possible, most of work I plan to do myself.

I don?t have too much DIY experience but just wanted to see if this forum would be a good source of information for simple DIY work or is there another ?DIY forum? out there that you guys make use of?

Cheers,
Robbie

http://www.renovateforum.com/content/

Yep, all of my horrible tiling jobs are a result of youtube tutorials.

Bunnings also has pretty handy info packs on a lot of DIY projects. Some are now online vids - http://www.bunnings.com.au/diy-advice

Cheers

Jamie

True, I tried to floor level myself after watching a few videos, didn't turn out well at all. I wont be doing that again.

I watched quite a few of the Bunnings video's they're great.

Tiling is not too hard though as long as you think about it, map it all out and take your time with the correct tools. I rather enjoyed it, reminded me of putting together jigsaw puzzles.

Youtube, friends (any tradies or handy persons?)

If you got time go and watch various tradies go about their work. You may not be able to enter the site due to white card and insurance issues.

Youtube, friends (any tradies or handy persons?)

If you got time go and watch various tradies go about their work. You may not be able to enter the site due to white card and insurance issues.

Had a chuckle about this. Does this happen often?

I am justing finishing up a 3+ month reno of an investment property and have found youtube pretty useful. My only advice is to watch a number of videos on the same topic because each person usually has some unique tip that the other miss. I think I watched about 5 or 6 on tiling and my tiling was a breeze.

Back