Do you believe in Ghosts?

OK, that's the question.......

Now, if you said no, answer these questions.....

- Would you walk through a cemetery at night on your own?

- Would you sleep in a tent in a cemetery at night on your own?

- Would you sleep alone in an old English castle with a reputation of being haunted?

- Would you buy and live in a house in which a family had been brutally murdered?

Personally, I think if someone doesn't believe in ghosts, then they are inconsistent to answer no to any of the questions above.

Last edited:
4. no......this is quite macabre and perhaps not the best example to use. :(

well it was macabre on the day it happened.

however, if you don't believe in lingering bad vibes and ghosts, then I am interested in your rationale to explain why a house in which a murder took place is any different to a house in which an old person died, or a baby, or a dog; or to a house in which a psychotic killer or paedophile lived for years (but did not kill anyone within the house).

What I am trying to highlight is that as rational as us humans think we are, we aren't. :)

Hi WW,

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

If you really think about it, then every place we sleep,walk and eat, someone in the last couple of hundred thousand years has probably died there.

Now when it comes to investment in a house, my personal opinion does not count. I can buy the murder victim's house cheap, yet I may have problems selling or renting it down the track. Therefore it is a no go because of other peoples superstitions and the effect that may have on price.

bye

No I don't believe in ghosts.

No - but I wouldn't walk through a big park in the middle of the night on my own either. More scared of the living than the dead.

No - again same as above.

- Would you sleep alone in an old English castle with a reputation of being haunted?

No - but wouldn't want to sleep in a big castle on my own without a reputation of being haunted. Again same as above.

- Would you buy and live in a house in which a family had been brutally murdered?

No - that I would just find too sad and horrible. Wouldn't want to be there during the day either.

no I Don't Believe In Ghosts.

- Would You Walk Through A Cemetery At Night On Your Own?

No - But I Wouldn't Walk Through A Big Park In The Middle Of The Night On My Own Either. More Scared Of The Living Than The Dead.

- Would You Sleep In A Tent In A Cemetery At Night On Your Own?

No - Again Same As Above.

- Would You Sleep Alone In An Old English Castle With A Reputation Of Being Haunted?

No - But Wouldn't Want To Sleep In A Big Castle On My Own Without A Reputation Of Being Haunted. Again Same As Above.

- Would You Buy And Live In A House In Which A Family Had Been Brutally Murdered?

No - That I Would Just Find Too Sad And Horrible. Wouldn't Want To Be There During The Day Either.

....+1....

well it was macabre on the day it happened.

however, if you don't believe in lingering bad vibes and ghosts, then I am interested in your rationale to explain why a house in which a murder took place is any different to a house in which an old person died, or a baby, or a dog; or to a house in which a psychotic killer or paedophile lived for years (but did not kill anyone within the house).

What I am trying to highlight is that as rational as us humans think we are, we aren't. :)

How about the undue attention it might attract for the new residents. I don't care about the ghosts (or lack there of) but the stigma attached to such a place may conjure preconceived notions from those close by.

Additionally, if the residence was the target of a psychotic individual, there might be a lingering attachment to the residence... would you like your family to get an unwelcome visitor one day? I should think not... This is being rational.

-Yep, done a few times
-Yep Wouldnt bother me
-Yep AA
- Yep if the price was right

There is no rational explanation for much of human behaviour.

Would have to say a definite yes to the first three if you were certain that you weren't going to be bothered by real people (as opposed to ghosts), in reality you would imagine a cemetery at night would attract some strange characters.

However would find it difficult to say yes to the fourth question, perhaps not rational but definitely real!

OK, that's the question.......

Now, if you said no, answer these questions.....

Personally, I think if someone doesn't believe in ghosts, then they are inconsistent to answer no to any of the questions above.

I bought a removal about 14 years ago and reset it on a block just outside ESK,we had to split it and take the roof off prior to taking it in at night,once the posts were set and the power was on,every time i would work below the floor i could hear someone walking up stairs my dogs would never pick :eek: it up just me but they would never come in the house,maybe it was the floor setting itself, but once you tie old hardwood in it does not move,same thing happened one night when i was camped in the house,..

I found out later that the house back in the 1930's a Man hung himself in the lounge way archway,so yes i think there is something out there..

Not sure about the cemetery,iv'e seen dogs get scared and will not enter buildings so if they can see something you can't,:),afterall most people that walk onto the bridge from Dutton Park over the Brisbane River onto UQ are walking over a pre 1890's cemetery,I bet a lot people don't know that and that's O NEplace iwould not walk at night..

Where I grew up there was a cemetary between our house and both the closest train station and high school.

I would ride my bike through that cemetary every day, and frequently after a party catch a late train and walk through the cemetary after midnight.

i have three very close relatives who have had direct encounters with ghosts - or spirits - or something unexplainable in human form plus a very freaky experience with dogs sensing something ... so, although i personally have not had an experience, i do believe there is "something".

Me too Lizzie. I know two local families with ghosts, spirits or something else that has no logical explanation. One house was sold about three times in four years, due to the things going bump in the night. Perhaps it doesn't bother the current family, but it seems to have bothered a lot of owners, enough to sell it and get out.... quick.

One family I know well, the other I know through people who know them. It is not urban myth territory.

Me too Lizzie. I know two local families with ghosts, spirits or something else that has no logical explanation. One house was sold about three times in four years, due to the things going bump in the night. Perhaps it doesn't bother the current family, but it seems to have bothered a lot of owners, enough to sell it and get out.... quick.

One family I know well, the other I know through people who know them. It is not urban myth territory.

Just because they don't know the explanation, doesn't mean there isn't one.

Where do you go from "what's that noise" to "it's the energy of a dead person"?

That seems like one hell of a leap to me. You guys have been watching too many movies.

That seems like one hell of a leap to me. You guys have been watching too many movies.

maybe gooram

I guess we will never really know will we ?

Those who beleive could possibly be wrong, those who don't believe could also possibly be wrong too... neither can "prove" anything....

I know enough of the stories and people involved to know there is no explanation, and both did involve a death, and too many incidents with both houses to be a fluke, but won't put more on here because I don't know who could be reading this and recognise the houses involved. Probably nobody, but I will respect their privacy.

I used the bathroom in one house a few weeks ago and felt nothing at all, but the (young adult and older teenage) children will not go in there.

You don't know me.... perhaps I'm a loony :p:D

Those who beleive could possibly be wrong, those who don't believe could also possibly be wrong too... neither can "prove" anything....

Agree entirely with this. I don't believe in ghosts but wouldn't rule them out 100%. As much as we humans like to think we know everything, we don't. Science has discovered so many things since we evolved (the earth used to be flat and we could just fall off the edge of it), can we really say that we have now discovered everything and there is nothing else left we don't know about? I think it's pretty arrogant to think we know it all. There maybe ghosts, there may be a God, there maybe others living on other planets... who knows. Whilst I don't personally believe in them, I wouldn't completely rule any of it out.

Back