Do you ever mention investing while at work?

It's hard to discuss this stuff with people you know in person cause it can come across as antygin from showing off to putting down and anythign else in between

yet we think we will be able to do better, and be udnerstood & understand better, with just the typed word.... over the internet... with people who don't know !

I think most people aim for "somethign near the middle" . But I think it;'s too hard to judge that someone doesn't do this based on a one liner post not covering every possible aspect of the sjbject

Aaron, I only asked what conversations you had with your wife and family because I believed you would consider most conversations you did have with them not involving investing or money to be productive to you.

I was only curious as to why this value wasn't extended to friends?

Aaron, I only asked what conversations you had with your wife and family because I believed you would consider most conversations you did have with them not involving investing or money to be productive to you.
I was only curious as to why this value wasn't extended to friends?

What a flattering thing to tell someone :confused:

...i reckon....?!

what i discuss with my wife clearly is of interest to me or she wouldn't be my wife, would she? it's not like i got bored with the conversation after picking her up from the side of the road one day as we hitch-hike together....

talk about oversimplification.

...i reckon....?!

what i discuss with my wife clearly is of interest to me or she wouldn't be my wife, would she? it's not like i got bored with the conversation after picking her up from the side of the road one day as we hitch-hike together....

talk about oversimplification.

We'll that's what I was 'more' than just insinuating in my last statement, if you read what I wrote...

Toucheee...

Code:
          Boring                                           Irresponsible

Do nothing but try to make money             Do nothing but try to spend money
  Talk only about making money                 Talk only about spending money
     You are an accountant                    You are a drug addict on welfare

I try to aim somewhere in the middle.

Accountant with a substance abuse problem...? ;)

I did once about 2 years ago and was quickly told I think you need to make sure you don't get yourself into to much debt etc. I haven't mentioned it since.

Work? Wassat? :)

There's a property investor at the kindergym/playgroup though, so I talk to her. And one of the inlaws is one as well. Everyone else just comes and looks at our house and goes oooooh, that's so nice, better homes and gardens style. They don't ask what it cost or anything.

Back