Dodgy REA

Okay I am now convinced that the REA that is dealing with a property I've got my eye is trying together rid of us. I've already put in an offer to which he rejected, then I called him back after three weeks to see what was happening with the I property to which he quickly recognised my name and stated that two buyers were involved in negotiations and that the house will exchange in two days max... Guess what it's not sold, I m sure he is having us on to make us go away. Is this a typical strategy to get rid of low offers by REAs?

It doesn't sound like he's trying to get rid of you. If he wanted to do that, all he has to say is the vendor rejected your offer and that's it.

Sounds like he's trying to get a higher offer out of you. They try to do that, you know, since they're paid by the vendor.

Nope not dodgy per se. REAs will tell you that there are other offers and it's almost sold to give you one last chance to put in a better offer OR to try and get you to put in another offer and there isn't other buyers.

The are contractually obligated to get the best price for their Seller/vendor. They will use all sorts of tactics to try and get that. You might think its dodgy but its his job to try and get you and others to make offers.

in the end we have these choices

1. Move on
2. Contact the vendor directly
3. Choose 1 or 2 above

Sometimes there are really good reasons why the universe doesnt want us to complete on something.........dont fight it

ta
rolf

Just because it’s not marked sold it doesn’t mean it isn’t. Other buyers could have signed a contract with a cooling off period in which case, the property would not have unconditionally exchanged. A lot of agents wont mark the property “sold” or “under contract” until the deal is 100% complete. This was they can continue to take enquiry and source new buyers.

Correct me if I'm wrong Happy, but is this the property in which there is a 100k difference between you and the vendor?

Last edited:
if your offer will complete the deal- the agent will move heaven and earth to get it to the vendor.

If your offer is rubbish and not going to go anywhere, it wont go anywhere.

Im pretty sure yours is not the best offer on the table.

Back