Does the purchaser have any rights here?

I am very tempted to get some friends to go and take some wood. Only trouble is there is no access to the backyard without going through the garage which is locked. And I am WAY too tired to drive down there to open it. Although they could probably just jump the fence and throw it over, might end in nosey neighbours calling the police though!

I only just read this thread now. a bit late I guess. My thoughts would be to phone all your neighbours and get them to jump the fence and help themselves to the firewood prior to settlement time.

Glad it all went well for you.

Glad all went well .... goodness ... we've moved house 8 times in the lst 14 years and I'm yet to move into a clean one that didn't need an inside out scrub with bleach and rubber gloves (asides from the two rentals).

I think your house looked great. Some people are just a-holes because it gives them some sense of superiority - usually caused by them being insecure or bullies.

I do admit that I have asked for stuff to be removed during final inspection ... latest purchase had a broken trampoline, buggered garden bench seat, some weird (and huge) wire cages with plastic tanks inside, rusty rose arbour shoved behind the garage and a pile of scaffolding. None of which was in the inclusions and duly removed by the vendor before settlement.

Doesn't mean I didn't then spend the next 3 days scrubbing stains off the walls, pee from around the toilet and cupboard after cupboard (and painted a virilant blue bedroom) before moving in.

It is frustrating when I always leave a house polished from manhole to back steps ... and make sure I remove all the kitchen drawers to clean behind.

So - take heart - don't let the minority ruin your experience - I would love to buy a house off you!

Back