Does the purchaser have any rights here?

Sounds like you have been screwed right through the transaction thanks to your agent.

Seems like he was working for the buyer rather than the seller. You say you sold it for much less than you wanted. Did the agent divulge your info to the buyer?

Print out the face book friend things and shove it to the agent quick smart and threaten to report him to the RE governing body.

Cheers

Yes I have been really unhappy with the agent and even though I have expressed my concerns to them all the way through they are really dismissive of everything I say. Can't wait for the whole thing to be over.

Call their bluff. Refuse to allow the retention of $500. Tell them you are ready and able to settle on settlement date and see what happens.

If the lawyer is a set price type.

If you're paying in 6 min lots you might be better to cop the $500. Phone calls, letters, fax's etc soon amount to $500 from lawyers who are on the clock.

edit - the more I read about this case, the more I wouldn't care about throwing good money after bad. Punish them.

Last edited:
lolcats-finish-him.jpg

We are paying a set price so that's not an issue.

I remembered I took photos of the house inside before we left on the weekend.

Here's my 'unclean' house

Attachments

• IMAG0207.jpg
    IMAG0207.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMAG0209.jpg
    IMAG0209.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMAG0211.jpg
    IMAG0211.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 111
Well I do prefer to be nice but then when people **** me off I tend to go a little far the other way! LOL. If they push it I will be making sure everything that does not actually belong at the house is removed, since they want to get so silly about it. Haven't heard anything else yet this morning so maybe they have backed off.

Hang on, so agent and purchaser are facebook friends and the agent never revealed to you that they know each other?

I really do not like the sound of that. Who knows what was revealed by the agent to his friend.

We are paying a set price so that's not an issue.

I remembered I took photos of the house inside before we left on the weekend.

Here's my 'unclean' house

That's disgusting. :D

Seriously, if they wanted a new, clean, lemony fresh house, they should have built one.

They are still arguing it! They are refusing to settle on Friday unless I agree to them withholding the $500. This is all because of the roof tiles.

My solicitor is being a tool too and she said we can't charge them penalties because of clause 24.4 "The purchaser may nominate an amount not exceeding $5000 to be held by a stakeholder to be appointed by the parties if the property is not in the condition required by general condition 24.2 at settlement"

24.2 states "The vendor must deliver the property to the purchaser at settlement in the same condition it was in on the day of sale, except fair wear and tear"

I pointed out that the house IS in the same condition as when they purchased it, except for the tile I have actually fixed. Once she realised the tiles were actually already broken when they signed the contract she agreed with me. I told her to make sure she says they will be charged penalties if they don't settle on Friday.

They want to go back to the house this afternoon and look at it again.

Hang on, so agent and purchaser are facebook friends and the agent never revealed to you that they know each other?

I really do not like the sound of that. Who knows what was revealed by the agent to his friend.

It's not the actual agent that was in charge of selling my house but another one that works there, but no I wasn't told. I just found out with a bit of snooping :D The purchaser seems to not have a facebook account anymore so I can't even prove they were!

I have told my solicitor the most I will agree to is $50 for some tiles. And that is being generous since you can get an entire square metre of them for that price!

Great result! It is satisfying to know these types of people can be given a bit of their own medicine...

And I'd still take the firewood and put the prawns in the curtain rods :D.

Reactions: S.T
yeah id get rid of the firewood, even donate it to someone if there willing to pick it up for free

also can you come and unclean my house id be happy with it looking like that :)

I am very tempted to get some friends to go and take some wood. Only trouble is there is no access to the backyard without going through the garage which is locked. And I am WAY too tired to drive down there to open it. Although they could probably just jump the fence and throw it over, might end in nosey neighbours calling the police though!

They had been cracked for months now so were like it at the time contracts were signed. My husband got a little careless throwing firewood over the fence and hit the roof with it!

Great news Munchkin. It is a shame they caused such angst, but great that you got it settled without having to give in to their bullying.

Back