Does your REA give gifts on purchase or sale?

i bought my property through a private sale. the vendor left an ad in a newspaper, i was the only person to ring her and subsequently bought a house in hawthorn, in urgent need of repair, for under $430,000.
she also threw in her fridge, dining table, washing machine and dryer and a dining table.

i did well. remarkable how not ONE person contacted her for this property.

i did well. remarkable how not ONE person contacted her for this property

I dont look at domain or read the papers. Just RE.com.au and speak to the agents. Is my net too narrow?

I got a crystal vase on purchase

Mmh, must be doing something wrong here, never received a present for buying a place :( .

Last very expensive purchase I actually bought my RA a bottle of bubbly as she did a great job getting the deal over the line. Hang on, no she did invite me to lunch afterwards so I guess that counts as a present. I always stop by for a tea & cookie as well when I'm in the area so I do feel loved after all :D.

kaf

i bought my property through a private sale. the vendor left an ad in a newspaper, i was the only person to ring her and subsequently bought a house in hawthorn, in urgent need of repair, for under $430,000.
she also threw in her fridge, dining table, washing machine and dryer and a dining table.

i did well. remarkable how not ONE person contacted her for this property.

Well done artemis!!

Sounds like a great buy with lots of bonuses, and you helped somebody with a quick sale.

Nice one!

Sunshine

2 from 2

When purchasing ppor got a nice tall pot with a plant.
Got 2 coffee mugs with a picture of the house on it when purchaced shack.

Several IP purchases but no presents yet. I even sent my brother to the Adelaide agent that sold me my Last Adelaide IP within 2 weeks of my purchase, .... he also bought one through her, .... I didn't even get a thank you letter or phone call for the extra business ..... oh well, .. I'll just have to keep buying until I strike it lucky ...... Ooh, ooh .. just had a thought, .... maybe I could get a gift/present clause written into the purchase contract .... hmmm !

Martin :p

our bank manager gave us a bottle of bubbly and the REA came around a few days after settlement and gave us a big hamper and bottle of bubbly as well, mind you my better half was preagant at the time so there was more for me :D

Have always received something - wine cooler with a bottle of champas or similar.

Last purchase received a massive - and I mean massive hamper with all sorts of yummy goodies and bottle of red all complete in a drinks tub to be used at the house warming !!

We also send all our tenants a Xmas gift (normally a couple of movie tickets or a bottle of something with some chocs) etc - they always seem to renew their lease come renewal .............
Usually our RE get something too - seem to receive pretty good service when something needs doing around a property

For a small cost - Every little bit helps !!

Yeah I like giving the tennants a Christmas gift too. Last year I got someone to drive past and give them something, but this year I got a brochure in the mail from a Hamper co. (don't wanna spam, so I won't put the name).

The website has 35 baskets to choose from varying in price (although my PM get's a slightly more expensive one), depending on how well they've behaved during the year :p . I'll get them delivered to my tennants with a message. Very easy, no fuss, and nice to share some goodwill. :)

Does the Hamper Co deliver to NSW and QLD??

If yes can I have their details please - sounds like just what I am looking for.

Sunshine

Yes they deliver everywhere, including country. Here you go guys:

www.interhampers.com.au

I have no affiliation with them (in fact haven't even used them yet), so this isn't a shamless plug. :)

There's probably a few co's that do it, but this one looks quite good to me, with a great selection according to price, so I'll be using them this xmas.

I settled on an IP y'day and since signing the offer the RE has neglected to return calls. On completion my conveyancer rang me with the news and said I could pick up the keys from the RE. She (the conv.) has been good and kept me informed.

Up until now the RE hasn't rung to say I can pick the keys or even if she has them (the vendor is renting for a few weeks) so no I don't even expect a Xmas card.

Edit: More importantly, the RE did not remind me of my obligation to get an insurance cover note. Do REs do that normally?

Last edited:
We normally get a hamper from the agent - doesn't hurt them since they make 10K or so on every deal. We then give the hamper to the new tenants as a welcoming present - works well. Get's them on the right side to start with.

Cheers,

Bazza

I got a gift pack..

Shortbread biscuits, mint chocs, the usual hamper stuff, a chopping board with the REA'sname on it.. and some el cheapo alco.

Back