Domain and Realestate.com.au tips and tricks

I have been showing students the Source code trick for about 4 years - I am not sure if they have got smarter but there now seems to be less price info in source code as there use to be.

It use to be pretty specific now it is more as mentioned above, the range the agents add to the property so it turns up in your search criteria.

Jane Slack-Smith

RE.com and Domain search facility has been of limited use and unreliable over the years.

I recently did some experimenting on word search as I have not bothered trying for over a year - this is the current result:

Realestate.com.au searches for adds with each and every word included, ie if you search for: renovate; desperate; motivated; it will only display adds with all 3 words included. The same goes for paint brush or fire sale. Grouping "Fire sale" does not make any difference. Unless add has every word in it it will not select.

Domain.com is much more useful as it searches for any word ie: paint brush will bring up ads with paint or brush in them.

I generally use and prefer RE.com but as for searching regions as in Central Coast, Sunshine Coast or for search on specific words Domain is currently better.

I found something I can do on my ipad that i cant do on my computer... search within a radius of CBD. Anyone know how to do that in Windows?

Back