Double Carport Cost?

Does anyone know what the approximate cost should be of a standard colourbond style double carport to attach to an existing double garage?

We haven't got any quotes yet I just thought it would be good if we had a rough idea of cost before getting quotes.

Thanks.

FWIW, I am putting in a single garage, 6 x 4m, pitched roof zinc alume, 4 timber posts, with some small decorative features on the gable fascia and its cost (inclusive of installation) is ~$5800

Hey buzz, would you be able to share who is building the carport for you, or is it diy? We are thinking about putting a carport on our IP and $5800 is within budget.

For what your describing it seems expensive. I was looking at all those prefab standard kit type carports but in the end I had a 7 x 3.5m getting a custom built in carport with powder coated duragal posts/frame andcolorbond roof/gutters/downpipes designed/built/installed for $6500. I know that is more $$$$ but the major costs was because I wanted a "hipped" roof to match the house. A "gabled" roof version one was about ~$5000. I have attached some pics to show the results. This was in the Illawarra so the company details are not much use to you.

Attachments

• Carport1.jpg
    Carport1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 684
  • Carport2.jpg
    Carport2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 733
Hi,

We just had a double carport built (as seen in July API magazine, page 54!)
Our quotes ranged from $4,600 to $12,000.
We ended up paying $5K which included guttering, but not connecting it into the existing drains in the ground.

I'm in Melbourne, happy to give numbers out if you need a quote.

Cheers,

Mike

Any more recent quotes for a double carport in Brisbane???

We are looking at getting one very soon and would appreciate references for good value and quality builds.

Thanks

Does anyone know what the approximate cost should be of a standard colourbond style double carport to attach to an existing double garage?

We haven't got any quotes yet I just thought it would be good if we had a rough idea of cost before getting quotes.

Thanks.

Just recently had this done- double carport attached to existing freestanding DLUG. Price $7,500 total by Patioland here in Sydney. Had concrete pal do the slab separately.
Looks great and very happy with the result.

I thought your roof is gabled roof. How is hipped different from gabled?

hipped roof slopes from ridge line down to all edges. like a lengthened pyramid

gable has a ridge line that extends to the edge. like a simple tent.

dutch gable is half and half.

wikipedia would probably describe it better with pictures!

Back