Draftsmen newcastle

Can anyone recommend a good draftsmen or is their one on here,i need to get some plans drawn up to replace existing carport unless theirs another process you guys could recommend thanks tom

Hi Tom,

Im studying Civil Engineering and have worked as a draftsman for the last few years, im in Brisbane, i could help if accurate sketches were sent through

Hi Tom,

Im studying Civil Engineering and have worked as a draftsman for the last few years, im in Brisbane, i could help if accurate sketches were sent through

hey cumulonimbus thanks for the offer i was hoping i could get one around to my house to basically design and draw it for me or am i completely off track with what a draftsman does?

Perhaps we should ask a female draftsperson.

You can do the site measure and sketch a plan for the drafty. You just need to measure the dimensions of the existing structure, vertically and horizontally, as well as any pertinent details, such as boundary setbacks.

Take some photos of the current carport, let them know what you want and after a conversation they'll have an idea and be able to come up with a design.

hey cumulonimbus thanks for the offer i was hoping i could get one around to my house to basically design and draw it for me or am i completely off track with what a draftsman does?

you will save some $$$ if you do the measurements yourself and draw it up in Sketchup http://www.sketchup.com/ then you can send that to a drafty, i have had to convert sketch plans into CAD before and it sucks, doubly when measurements dont work out perfectly.

If the drawings you need are going to form part of a Development Application depending on the councils requirements you may be better off using a local Draftsman who has experience with the council.

If you are using a carport company to do the supply and install, very often they will have their own drafty in house to do it up for you.

Back