Drugs are bad mmmkay

So last year we bought a foreclosed house. Previous owner bought it for $40,000 odd in 2004, so its not like he had a big loan hanging over his head or anything. But what he DID have was a drug habit, as about 10 neighbours have told us now. Apparently he topped his loan up at one point and shot it up his arm.

We finally found them - while we were finishing demolishing the back verandah, the other half found a coke bottle cut in half with a tobacco bag stuffed in it, which had needles in it.

So remember kiddies, drugs can screw up your property investment plans, ok?

So remember kiddies, drugs can screw up your property investment plans, ok?
I would have thought "property investment plans" would be the least of your problems if you were on drugs. What about your relationships, your self-esteem, your income-earning capacity, your reputation... yada yada yada

Definitely an all-round bad idea. :(

I reckon every kid caught with drugs on their first time should be made to go and do community service for a full month in a drug rehab facility.

I reckon the UN Charter of Human Rights is never wrong.
And everyone has a universal right to food, shelter, and health care.

So I reckon the State (me and every other able mind and bodied Aussie) should work to provide druggies who can't help themselves, with free food, shelter, and drugs for their health problem....for as long as it takes them to get better.

So I reckon the State (me and every other able mind and bodied Aussie) should work to provide druggies who can't help themselves, with free food, shelter, and drugs for their health problem....for as long as it takes them to get better.

WW, it sounds tounge-in-cheek?

I actually agree with this - with a condition.

The facility they go to in order to get better - should be like a hospital; only maximum security. No coming and going by the addicts until given the all clear. All the free drugs they want, but on a diminishing supply.

And, on the preventative side, our drug laws are waaaay to lenient for first time offenders and traffikers.

Hit the first time offenders really hard with stiff fines and jail time - like 5 years first offense.

And with the traffikers and dealers; take a leaf out of Indonesia's book in my view - in every respect.

Last edited:
Hi Marc

Easy to say. ........I wonder if you would believe this if your kids were of an age where drugs were everpresent at social gatherings.

Cheers

Shane

Well, this is a factor to be conidered, but then a lot of that comes down to family values, and what we teach our kids at a younger age.

I managed to go to social gatherings which had drugs and dope etc for most of my younger years, and always thought they were total doinks and never got involved. Never hung around with those fools either - it's a choice; just have to be brave enough to make it, and say no.

And the HUGE fear of going to jail for 5 years for a first offense would put a very large dampener on any drug-loving gathering.

A nice first offence 20 year sentence for traffickers and dealers wouldn't go astray either.

I can hear the bleeding hearts saying "oh, but that's too severe". Well; do you want to fix the problem or not, because what they're doin' now sure as hell isn't fixing it.

I reckon inside 5 years the problem would be gone.

Well if they weren't screwed up to begin with, 5 years in jail would make sure they were by the end of it. It isn't as though prisons are free of drugs either.

there are different kinds of drugs
according to statistics more than half of aussies tried weed at least once and about 3rd if i'm not mistaken use it constantly

as with anything else, the key is knowing when to stop

by the way, booze and tobacco kill more people than any other drugs combined

I reckon the UN Charter of Human Rights is never wrong.
And everyone has a universal right to food, shelter, and health care.

You may jest, but we do it for fat people. Why not drug addicts? In fact, which is worse? It's debatable.

You may jest, but we do it for fat people. Why not drug addicts? In fact, which is worse? It's debatable.

Jest? Moi?

I think able bodied healthy people should always pay to help those who are in trouble of any sort.

People in trouble from taking alcohol, illicit drugs, and excess food can't help themselves, therefore those who can help themselves should help the sickos. No point saying to sickos "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" cos they just can't. they are sick.

In fact, I think Australia should invite all the Sudanese and Afghani asylum seekers to come and live here, and us able bodied lucky country folk should pay to get them sheltered, fed, and trained for work. it will increase demand for our rental property as well, and help capital gains.

after all, the UN Charter says these people have a right to the same stuff we have.....no debate needed. crystal clear. case closed. we should be sharing our wealth with the underprivileged, otherwise they might grow to hate us and turn into terrorists.

Jest? Moi?

I think able bodied healthy people should always pay to help those who are in trouble of any sort.

People in trouble from taking alcohol, illicit drugs, and excess food can't help themselves, therefore those who can help themselves should help the sickos. No point saying to sickos "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" cos they just can't. they are sick.

In fact, I think Australia should invite all the Sudanese and Afghani asylum seekers to come and live here, and us able bodied lucky country folk should pay to get them sheltered, fed, and trained for work. it will increase demand for our rental property as well, and help capital gains.

after all, the UN Charter says these people have a right to the same stuff we have.....no debate needed. crystal clear. case closed. we should be sharing our wealth with the underprivileged, otherwise they might grow to hate us and turn into terrorists.

Is this what you do now ?

Back