Dubbo, NSW

That’s seriously laughable. I assume the places are old housing commission houses in rosewood grove (former Gordon estate).
Renovated houses are selling for around the 180k mark new builds are around 300k.

Rentals are tight for your lower to middle properties, higher end rentals stay on the market a little longer.

What announcement was this? The Coboora mine has been put on the back burner and is unlikely to go ahead. The Alkane Zirconia mine has yet to receive approval (seems likely) but will only employ around 80 people.

But in saying that Dubbo is a service town, so any major projects from Mudgee to Burke and Cobar will benefit Dubbo

oh, I wasnt aware that it wasnt going ahead, in my previous research and current research

eg
http://www.dubbo.nsw.gov.au/_blog/M...y_remains_strong_despite_Cobbora_mine_delays/

I was under the impression it was more likely then unlikely! oh well, need to touch up research skills a bit more

so where have the nasties from rosewood grove gone now?

I was looking at one near pioneer park,
and cobra st but seems that too many trucks blasting thorugh

my understanding is that the west is still the worst and south the best, and in between in north and east

Locko, when you say you spend a few k on furnishing, would you mind expanding on what kind of furnishing you buy? Is furnished just the basics ie beds, tables, chairs etc or everything right down to cups and cutlery?

Also do you buy it locally or in Sydney?

Cheers

Locko, when you say you spend a few k on furnishing, would you mind expanding on what kind of furnishing you buy? Is furnished just the basics ie beds, tables, chairs etc or everything right down to cups and cutlery?

Also do you buy it locally or in Sydney?

Cheers

Yep, everything. Cost me about 7k with 2nd hand white goods.
The Pm gave me a list to buy.
No good if no mine though.

We've have a couple of places in Narromine just down the road. Purchase prices slightly cheaper but rental return just as good. Cheers

Dubbo is now large enough that it has its own 'gravity', and is drawing people in from other parts of NSW. My grandparents lived there until they passed away last year, and so I've been through there a couple of times a year for my whole life.

By and large, it's a good town. It has grown enormously since I was a little kid. There are a few bad areas, but they are fairly obvious.

Can anyone please tell,me how much they think a brand new or a renovated 3 bdr in yulong at area would be worth

I've got a few opinions and they are quite different (obviously agent opinions)

Can anyone please tell,me how much they think a brand new or a renovated 3 bdr in yulong at area would be worth

I've got a few opinions and they are quite different (obviously agent opinions)

well blocks of land in the area are selling for $40K atm. not sure if you need to be owner occ though.

I haven't inspected any but mostly renovated fibro houses are selling around the 180K mark new houses a few streets over 220K to 300k depending on the build.

Yulong street was the first street to be sold off by the housing dept i think. so renovators were picking these up for $70K to $110K a few years back. but now that there are a few okay houses in the area and the trouble makers have gone, it would be difficult to find these deals now i think.

I'd still want to talk to a few property managers though, some may still not want to take on the property.

well blocks of land in the area are selling for $40K atm. not sure if you need to be owner occ though.

I haven't inspected any but mostly renovated fibro houses are selling around the 180K mark new houses a few streets over 220K to 300k depending on the build.

Yulong street was the first street to be sold off by the housing dept i think. so renovators were picking these up for $70K to $110K a few years back. but now that there are a few okay houses in the area and the trouble makers have gone, it would be difficult to find these deals now i think.

I'd still want to talk to a few property managers though, some may still not want to take on the property.
I quite surprised by the huge difference in price of renovated house for 180k vs up to 300k for brand new

Even these blocks of land, could you not build for say 150k +40k for land, and then sell off to owner occupies?

I quite surprised by the huge difference in price of renovated house for 180k vs up to 300k for brand new

I think you are comparing apples and oranges. The new build houses selling around the 300k mark are allot larger than the renovated stock selling for 180k.
For example look at 152 Yaruga St, smallish new build (guess 120m2) sold for 200K and was on the market for a long time. Compared to 45 Catherine Dr (guess 220m2) sold for 293K in 2011
Although 42 Yulong st sold for 150K in 2011, was nicely renovated smallish 3bdr

Even these blocks of land, could you not build for say 150k +40k for land, and then sell off to owner occupies?
Probably need an agreement with the dept of housing

I think you are comparing apples and oranges. The new build houses selling around the 300k mark are allot larger than the renovated stock selling for 180k.
For example look at 152 Yaruga St, smallish new build (guess 120m2) sold for 200K and was on the market for a long time. Compared to 45 Catherine Dr (guess 220m2) sold for 293K in 2011
Although 42 Yulong st sold for 150K in 2011, was nicely renovated smallish 3bdr

ahh, I see, good answer
seems like there is an endless supply of rennovated 3bdr and 4bdrs in the 170-180k price range

a quick question, areas around pioneer park, are they considered just as undesirable as yulong st estate area?

I know to stay away from mitchell/cobra st and one street in due to sheer noise and traffic

ahh, I see, good answer
seems like there is an endless supply of rennovated 3bdr and 4bdrs in the 170-180k price range

a quick question, areas around pioneer park, are they considered just as undesirable as yulong st estate area?

I know to stay away from mitchell/cobra st and one street in due to sheer noise and traffic
Alcheringa, O’Donnell and Leavers Street are 90% housing commission i would probably stay clear of as it’s a known trouble area. Above bent street is okay. The block between bent and east street I don’t really know.

For that price range you could buy something in Alfred, alam, young street area. Zoned R1 under the new LEP so may be good for unit development down the track if you buy 2 together.

Alcheringa, O’Donnell and Leavers Street are 90% housing commission i would probably stay clear of as it’s a known trouble area. Above bent street is okay. The block between bent and east street I don’t really know.

For that price range you could buy something in Alfred, alam, young street area. Zoned R1 under the new LEP so may be good for unit development down the track if you buy 2 together.

thanks bmw youve been great,

so for all things being equal in terms of price, house, you'd go for the area amongst alfred/alam st or yulong area or the area between whylandra/mitchell highway?

I just think with the R1 zoning it might give you some more options in the future, houses around Corbett Ave, bent street are on average better quality though and reflected in the price. Elizabeth st has quite a few grandma houses that could do with a quick spruce up, but there is also allot of unit blocks already built to low quality there.

Finding a good deal is probably hard at the moment as available stock seems a bit lower than in past years. Talking to an agent on the weekend, she said the first home buyers have come back into the market due to rents increasing as well as low interest rates.

I just think with the R1 zoning it might give you some more options in the future, houses around Corbett Ave, bent street are on average better quality though and reflected in the price. Elizabeth st has quite a few grandma houses that could do with a quick spruce up, but there is also allot of unit blocks already built to low quality there.

Finding a good deal is probably hard at the moment as available stock seems a bit lower than in past years. Talking to an agent on the weekend, she said the first home buyers have come back into the market due to rents increasing as well as low interest rates.

just had a look at zoning, seems that its all R2 except for the small area between alfred and baird st

I agree the zoning in the rosewood estate hasnt changed at all over hte years, but the development within has gone gangbusters

Back