Due Diligence for Building on a Slope

Hi Guys,

I was hoping tog et some advice with regards to some of the issues one might face when building a new house on a slopey block.

There is a property for sale that has stunning views of our city, in contains an old house on it that id like to demolish and build our PPOR on.

I'm just concerned about the logistical issues that we may confront in building on such a block.

How can one go about trying to minimise these risks?

I've found an architect that id be interested in building through and they've kindly agreed to come and view any block that we're considering so they can discuss with us any issues that might be faced on building on that particular block.

Someone else has suggested getting a Surveyor to determine if there is any rock in the hill etc

all advice welcome?...

Hi Guys,

I was hoping tog et some advice with regards to some of the issues one might face when building a new house on a slopey block.

There is a property for sale that has stunning views of our city, in contains an old house on it that id like to demolish and build our PPOR on.

I'm just concerned about the logistical issues that we may confront in building on such a block.

How can one go about trying to minimise these risks?

I've found an architect that id be interested in building through and they've kindly agreed to come and view any block that we're considering so they can discuss with us any issues that might be faced on building on that particular block.

Someone else has suggested getting a Surveyor to determine if there is any rock in the hill etc

all advice welcome?...

First I'd check zoning requirements to see if its even possible to build what you want, but considering you only want to build a single dwelling I would think it should be fine.

With regard to slope, the main problem is connection to services; stormwater and sewerage. Check to see where the services are located. Check to see how bad a slope it is and will council allow a pump system or does it have to be gravity fed?

To save a lot of time and heartache I would go down to my local council and have a chat with the town planner. You will find out a lot of important preliminary info at that chat and then proceed accordingly from there.

Good Luck mate

Leo

Have plenty of extra $$$ for site costs.

Make sure your driveway is done right. Nothing worse than finding out you need a 4 x 4 to reach your garage!

Back