Eagle Homes?!?

Hi all,

I'm considering using the project home builder 'Eagle Homes' here in Sydney to build one of their off-the-shelf duplex designs.

Am keen to get some feedback, good bad or otherwise from anyone that has used them, particularly:

- Quality of workmanship and did they fix defects promptly??
- Timing - Particularly in DA phase. Was project completed to schedule?
- Costs - Were any variations excessive??

Any other issues or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Fin.

Hi Fin freedom

We are about to build the Sunbird series 5 which is a 3 bed, ensuite, single garage with townhouse one side being 165.61 sqm and the other 173.38 sqm. The base price is $215,500, the fixed price costs were half price when we organised the quote and are $11,500. Then we had another $27,550 which includes stuff like water tanks for Basix, hydraulics design and double storey scaffolding. Next are variations for things like H class slab long runs for electricity and sewer Provisional cost for piering which comes to $8,955.

So the cost could stop at around $265,000. However we are building executive townhouses on an estate which has certain requirements to make it a top quality estate so there will be another $80,000 approx which includes such things as Moroka finish over the entire building, balconies off the master bedrooms plus a balcony and portico off a second bedroom, increased ceiling heights downstairs, timber floors, carpets to bedrooms, blinds, French doors to the balconies, full height tiling to the bathrooms, various assorted upgrades and internal changes but still coming in around $370,000 by the time we do driveways etc.

We have also built a 2 storey house and a single storey house on a duplex block with Eagle so happy enough with their builds, the DA approvals depend on the councils but ours have probably taken 6-8 weeks under Wollongong council plus the duplex required the developers approval before going to council as they have so many requirements and standards to adhere to. They came in pretty much to schedule once plans were out of council and I think we are expecting about 26 weeks to build the duplex, plans are out of council and builders are back to work on the 22nd.

Sparky

Hi Sparky - thanks for your reply. I've had a close look at some of Eagle's completed projects and they seem to provide a good service, good quality product and value for money. By using a project builder, I guess you loose some control through the approvals phase but will be getting an experienced buildier who build on volume get competitive prices on materials. I'll let you know how I get on.....

Adrian - I need to sell another IP before I can proceed. Hoping it will happen in the next month or two!

Fin.

Back