East brisbane.. Thoughts?

Hi there
you may want to look at the flood maps which Brisbane City Council have on their website
Not quite sure when you say east Brisbane - how east of Brisbane?

There are parts of East Brisbane that are just too busy and I wouldn't look at them. I know there are other "quieter" parts. I think you would need to choose carefully.

Are you talking about the suburb of East Brisbane or the area within a 7km radius east of Brisbane CBD? I bought a unit in morningside that I am fairly confident will do well over the next 5 years. Looking for next purchase to be around New Farm

East Brisbane

My sister lived in East Brisbane for a while in a flat on Lomond Terrace.
Near the ferry for the city and walking distance to the GABBA!

She was there during the floods but her street stayed dry (high ground).
I don't know about good/bad streets but certainly be VERY careful about flood zones.
Keep well away from Norman Creek!

My sister lived in East Brisbane for a while in a flat on Lomond Terrace.
Near the ferry for the city and walking distance to the GABBA!

She was there during the floods but her street stayed dry (high ground).
I don't know about good/bad streets but certainly be VERY careful about flood zones.
Keep well away from Norman Creek!

You make being within walking distance to the Gabba sound like a good thing, but it can be the reverse. We had tenants move from an IP near the Gabba into one of our IPs because they were sick of the parking issues, the noise and mostly the fact that on many nights their yard was lit up so much they couldn't sleep. They hated living near the Gabba.

What are people's thoughts on east Brisbane?
I have a few mates that live there,depending on the location some are very happy while other near the main inlet roads have to keep all the house closed because from 4 in the morning till 8 at night beause of all the cars trucks ect,,very few splitters left in that area and the one that can be are very high in dollars terms ,,imho..

East Brisbane

True, but then any inner city suburb is subject to noise & traffic problems, some more than others. A basic rule of buying an IP is not on main roads and preferably a couple of streets back. Then again, you buy somewhere else and you get aircraft noise, or something else. Cities are noisy, busy places.
Yes, I had forgotten about the problems associated with living near a major stadium with it's inherent traffic and other problems. Then again some people see living near infrastructure like this a positive and live with the problems for the benefits it can offer.
However, as an investor if I was looking at East Brisbane I would look at sreets away from water courses, on high ground a few streets away from the GABBA and in a street with mixed residential (houses, units, blocks of flats, etc) and not too far from public transport. And don't forget not too close to shopping centres, petrol stations, etc. The list goes on and of you get too pedantic you will never buy!
Basic criteria for buying an IP really.
:D

I love East Brisbane

Nice Big Qlders in around Churchie

Lots of little workers cottages close a walk from the pub and cafe's etc

Plenty of Commercial potential also.

Good ferry Service but bus and train services are not as good as nearby suburbs such as gabba and greenslopes.

I love East Brisbane

Nice Big Qlders in around Churchie

Lots of little workers cottages close a walk from the pub and cafe's etc

Plenty of Commercial potential also.

I wouldn't mind one of those big queenslanders near Churchie :D, or one of the ones on the river, but you just need to choose carefully, like any suburb.

Back