Edens landing, Brisbane .. Worth a look ?

Just lookin at rental returns, it looks like this place could be worth a look. Houses from early 300's getting good returns

Naaaah, nothing to be worried about, very few places in Eden's landing is anywhere close to those areas marked as '1 in 100 year' flood map modelling
Check the maps for 'Landslide hazard and steep slope area' overlay though.

If you are going to buy

Try and get something up on one of the hills with a outlook, houses here are also cooler as compared to down in the valley

Auburn up to Castile around to bingo and some parts of holmview road are good as is wantana and above overland drive to the highway

Avoid most parts of down near railway especially Houdini and maggie CRT

If there is anything specific you want me to look at for you feel free to ask

Edens landing is safe and is a popular family suburb, does have the odd street to avoid, a local Beenleigh pm can also advise

Holmview is worth a look as well, up from the highway though on the hill, though train is further away

Moses..saw this post....and could't resist posting....

If you were Noah...you not would not need to worry about floods.... ;)

With all seriousness please check the flood maps.

I got a rude shock on a couple of properties near Moorooka and Oxley.

Parts of Logan are also affected.

Checking bethania now sir thank you :)

Haha sash, good one - if only I had those powers tho :)

Pending the abovementioned flood map checking; this area certainly provide some neat buying opportunities. Stick to the most in-demand housing types; 3-bed is the norm though some 2-bed and 4-bed types can be found.

Appreciate the response guys ..

Do any of you guys mind if I pm you some more info about the house im thinking about purchasing .. Would just love some further input incase I'm overlooking something :/

Can I send a pm to any of you with a little local knowledge (I'm in nsw - so not quite sure)

Thankkkkkkkks a lot everyone

Hi Moses,

We've got one there and are happy with the purchase.

With a train station, some local shops, it is certainly convenient. In addition to its location midway between brissy and the GC, The neighbouring suburb of Beenleigh slotted as a regional centre being just nearby that should also help things as well.

Personally, I noticed a demographic difference between a Edens Landing and some of the other Logan areas - in Eden's favour. Good yield, no tenancy issues and as long as you avoid the small regions marked as being flood effected - I feel it's a good bet from both CG and CF perspectives.

We have one in Edens Landing. No issues. You can't go wrong with a place located closed to the station and away from floods.

Last time I checked, Edens Landing had -3% growth in last 24 months. Interestingly our IP was revalued +8% in the same period by ANZ's people. May be it is to do with individual property or I was simply lucky with the valuation.

I'm not sure about the number of houses for sales. I don't follow the market closely.
Watch out when you compare the number of properties between suburbs. Don't forget to take the size of the suburb into consideration.

PHP:
PHP:
[ATTACH]14091.vB[/ATTACH]

Anyone see anything wrong with purchasing a property with this as my front yard?

It's in an 'elevated position' - on 900sqm BUT I'm guessing that means nothing if it's levelled off like this ?!

Or am I overthinking this? Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 185
Back