Eliminate REA's ? Good or Bad

Sounds like a good idea. I would use it, as a buyer. (I don't like to sell property, preferring to hang on to it). However, as a buyer, it would give more opportunity to negotiate with the seller, if they don't have to pay an agent's commisssion.

I'd be delighted to purchase via this web site. It would be much easier for the buyer to get direct access to the vendor and negotiate. Chances are I'd be able to negotiate at least 10% lower than what a decent agent would be able to sell the property for.

They're appealing to a very inexperienced vendor who resents paying a commission. I've learnt that good people are well worth paying for. Most people using this service would have far more money in their pockets at the end of the day by using an agent instead.

You get what you pay for, and in this case, you're paying peanuts.

there are so many of these sites now that no particular one captures a decent market share and therein lies the problem IMO

there are so many of these sites now that no particular one captures a decent market share and therein lies the problem IMO

I agree.

If Graham Joyce honestly doesn't feel threatened by private sales, and believes REAs offer all the advantages he mentions, then I think it is time for realestate.com.au to start allowing private listings in their database.

Though I think Graham might change his merry tune....

Until an operator with seriously deep pockets starts a private sales site, I cannot see the concept taking off. One operator needs to gain most of the market.

I think as PT Bear pointed out, there is no operator that has a market shaer. you can advertise your own property on Domain.com.au in conjuction with newspaper ad's.

I think a website like thisa would have to invest in significant ongoing advertising to obtain such a share that would draw buyers and sellers to the site.

I think it is a basc concept that could be marketed well, given that buyers and sellers can boths save thousands of dollars by using such as site.

I have often wondered why ebay hasn't got more serious about doing houses, either within their normal site, or separately.

Surely they'd have the deep pockets to do the advertising to secure it as no.1.

Back