Elizabeth Downs -Hot lead for low cost Mortgagee Sale

Most likely when yields drop to below 5%, a median above 300k. Even then developments would become highly feasible, providing fuel for this thread for sometime to come! :p

So in other words when the astute investors come to town?

Triton drone surveillance fleet to be based at Edinburgh air force base in Adelaide

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-13/drone-fleet-to-be-based-in-adelaide-triton-edinburgh/5317262

The cost of the project is expected to be between $1 billion and $3 billion, and the deployment will provide about 100 jobs, with workers also expected to transfer from crews that have worked with ageing P-3 Orion surveillance aircraft.

Mr Abbott also has announced defence spending of $78 million for a maintenance contract for the air force's Wedgetail airborne early warning and control aircraft.

He says the Wedgetail contract will be handled by BAE Systems Australia at Edinburgh Parks in northern Adelaide.

"It's obviously a good outcome for the about 300 industry staff who are employed in the Wedgetail project around the country including in Adelaide," he said.

"Obviously this is money that will be spent in and around Adelaide and that's good news for employment in a city that's had some bad news on employment lately."

Nigel McBride of Business SA says South Australia's defence industry attracts 25 per cent of the national spend and supports 32 per cent of defence employment.

He has welcomed the announcement and says it comes at an important time.

"While it's not a game changer in a total dollars sense, it is very, very important to rebuild confidence post the Holden (departure news), and what it does reaffirm is this huge defence sector that it's very viable and very much a part of the state's future," he said.

South Australia's Liberal defence industries spokesman Martin Hamilton-Smith says the defence jobs and investment boost will be welcome.

"We're talking about hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars of investment over time in the aeronautical defence industry here in the north of Adelaide and that's just marvellous for jobs, marvellous for all the small businesses that services those UAVs," he said.

That is excellent news for Adelaide`s North.

Have noticed an uptrend in Commercial properties "For Lease "lately, so that announcement is timely indeed.

Here are a couple of possible bargains in Craigmore. Built in 1979 for the Housing Trust and sold then to first home buyers for $30,000. I know because we bought our first new home directly opposite the first one -

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-craigmore-115627839

The original owners of the above property were very house proud and the place was picture perfect... but that was 20 years back.
Seems a bargain at 185-195k

Next one is a bit further down the street, and once again seems to be a very low price at 182k -

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-craigmore-114508119

The reason I say they are possible bargains is that SOME houses in this subdivision have sunk a little on their foundations. So a building inspection is a must.
I note that both properties have been on the market for a couple of months.

Make sure to do your due diligence.

Stangman.

I looked at this one and the house is set bang in the middle of it so couldn't retain and build, would have to demolish. Not saying thats a good or bad thing.

I wouldn't of thought there's any value to building in the area. It's too cheap!

170 + 150 + 150 + 30 (fees connections) = 500

I think you could over capitalise very quickly and you'd be lucky to make money on a new development

I wouldn't of thought there's any value to building in the area. It's too cheap!

170 + 150 + 150 + 30 (fees connections) = 500

I think you could over capitalise very quickly and you'd be lucky to make money on a new development

The idea isn't necessarily to develop today, but to hold, enjoy the cash flows whilst capital appreciation provides the value for the development.

Think of it as land banking with a rental return.

Back