Elizabeth Downs -Hot lead for low cost Mortgagee Sale

Is it hard to find good tenants to rent these semis?

Seems like more scumbags rent semi detach

Not really, i have a pair on 1 title in fairly poor condition renting for an average of 200 per side. This is fairly low for the area but matches the condition they're in.

They were a bit rocky to begin with, but set them up on Centrepay and no further issues since.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-elizabeth+downs-119030027

Settled. Picked up for $240k. Hopefully rent for 220 each :cool:

Nice one! I made an offer of $260k for it before auction and was told that they wouldn't consider offers prior.

Just missed out on a pair of semis that went for around $275k.

So now I've got flights booked for Friday, but very little to look at. I guess sometimes you lose in property investing (and in life).
Not the end of the world, but pretty disappointing.

So if you know of anything else, let me know!

So i read this as a $20k loss to the vendor.If they were my agents that wouldn't have happened,obnoxious and very up themselves!!.

As it's Smallacombe Sanderson it would be government sale - so all made a loss in a sense!

Just a part of the transparency of the process to let it come to an auction w/out accepting a random pre-auction offer.

Im interested in investing in Elizabeth but wondering how the holding costs compare. Ive been told PM fees can be around 7.7% - 9.9%

What are the council rates like?

Im interested in investing in Elizabeth but wondering how the holding costs compare. Ive been told PM fees can be around 7.7% - 9.9%

DaveM suggested Rentals SA so I got them to manage a recent purchase there. The fees are sub 7%, and are considerably cheaper than some of the other local agencies. Too early for me to comment on their service but so far so good.

Council rates are high!

I have a house with council value of $210,000 and pay $1273.25 per year

I pay $4000 for a property that's worth $250k in Rockhampton.
That must be the unimproved land value Not actual value is it?
I just checked and we pay from $2700 per year for a house to $3900 per year rates for a full duplex on approx 1000 sqm in Rocky. Councils in regional Qld also have slightly higher insurance costs for their assets
Basic services can cost the same whether its a upmarket house or a unit I suppose, costs in Playford relative to the cost of a house in Prospect might sound expensive but you are more than compensated by a much higher yield

Council rates are high!

I have a house with council value of $210,000 and pay $1273.25 per year

Just to confirm - thats a house in the Elizabeth area?

Is that standard, does anyone know?

I agree that doesnt seem very high, compared to what Ive heard quoted for Logan, etc.

I made offers on a house and two pairs of semis today, let's hope something comes through!

That must be the unimproved land value Not actual value is it?
No, total value. It's a duplex as well though.

I agree that doesnt seem very high, compared to what Ive heard quoted for Logan, etc.

My Marsden (Logan) house that I bought for $206k last year is about $3000. So I agree in that I don't think $1200 is all that much.

Back