Even the Federal Pollies Dabble in property

Between them they average 2.5 properties? I would have thought the average figure to me much higher!

They're generally all in high income positions with low outgoings, gen X or older. They should have good connections into business both locally to their electorate and nationally, they should have access to investment opportunities most of us could only dream of.

Thus I can only conclude that most politicians are lazy. :D

Maybe the pollie Nick Xenophon isn't as stupid after all.

Independent South Australian senator Nick Xenophon maintains an impressive portfolio of eight investment properties

Maybe his plan behind the super as a housing deposit is to push prices up.... for his benefit - all while pretending to care for other Australians.

A pollie senator called Barry O' Sullivan owns a stable of 50 investment properties and another pollie bloke called David Gillespie owns 17. Never heard of 'em. They must have been too busy picking up IPs to feature in the news....
Malcolm Turnbull has 8 and Clive Palmer has 12.
I thought these 2 would have had more?:confused:

Lots of other investment classes which they would store a lot of their wealth, ie shares, private equity etc.

.....including owning businesses that are correctly managed, structured and profitable with out them having to be involved (much).

I think Clive and Malcolm make a cute couple...as men go! Gagagaga!

Sorry, Gaga, I took some liberties with your lyrics below. :p

Bad Bromance

You know that I want you
And you know that I need you
I want it bad, your bad bromance

I want your love and
I want your revenge
You and me could write a bad bromance
(Oh-oh-oh--oh-oh!)
I want your love and
All your lover's revenge
You and me could write a bad bromance

Attachments

• Lady_GaGa___Bad_Romance.jpg
    Lady_GaGa___Bad_Romance.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 49
A pollie senator called Barry O' Sullivan owns a stable of 50 investment properties and another pollie bloke called David Gillespie owns 17. Never heard of 'em. They must have been too busy picking up IPs to feature in the news....
Malcolm Turnbull has 8 and Clive Palmer has 12.
I thought these 2 would have had more?:confused:

Quantity doesn't mean very much. Having 1x $5mil place vs 12x $200k places ?

Quantity doesn't mean very much. Having 1x $5mil place vs 12x $200k places ?

Agree.

And, I doubt what is disclosed it includes trust holdings. Clive Palmer has a string of properties next to each other in Sovereign Island let alone his other commercial interests. The (former) Hyatt regency Coolum that he has now turned into Jurassic Park would be worth a quid or two. :)

Back