F1: What a year .... what a race!

What a year, what a race. :) I've watched F1 avidly for 20+ years but I've never seen a finale like that one, although after all the dramas of the year it was a fitting finish.

Early this morning the F1 drivers championship was decided with an overtake on the last corner, of the last lap, of the last race for the year... after the chequed flag had already fallen on the winner. It was tragic watching Massa's dad celebrating what he thought was a championship win by his son, only to look in disbelieve as Lewis crossed the line in 5th. Ouch.

Congratulations to Lewis, I deperately wanted Massa to win but how could I complain after being treated to watching such a great race.

Here's a link to enjoy the last 2 laps of the race if you haven't already seen it.

Anyone else drag themselves out of bed to watch it? What did you think?

It definitely rates as one of the best finale's I've seen, even more so seeing I'm an avid McLaren fan and a big fan of Lewis Hamilton.
I do feel for Massa though, he was very deserving of the championship also and drove a perfect weekend, similar to Lewis' in Shanghai. Lewis doesn't seem to be particularly quick at Interlagos, but I suppose he did just enough.

I'm looking forward to next year, with all the rule shake-ups it should be interesting. Also the finale will be in Abu Dhabi so I won't have to get up at 3.30am again!!

Back